cap strap broke how do i fix it - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
siberianmist

Default cap strap broke how do i fix it

I have salomon spx pro bindings. They dont have any screws on the toe straps which I thought was nice. But the plastic piece with all the teeth on it just cracked in half... what can i do? are these bindings toast or can i buy a new plastic strap... no idea how id put it in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
ecave84

the manufacture should replace that under warranty. It looks like its the same set up as my romes. Just take the binding off and push the strap through the bottom like snowolf said.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
siberianmist

its not the ladder strap. it is the strap that holds the ratchet. all it is is a single plastic strap with a bunch of holes in it so you can adjust the size. anyone know anywhere i can order one of these quick. salomon is screwing around
Old 02-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberianmist View Post
its not the ladder strap. it is the strap that holds the ratchet. all it is is a single plastic strap with a bunch of holes in it so you can adjust the size. anyone know anywhere i can order one of these quick. salomon is screwing around
Unfortunately gettin small replacement parts from dealers/online vendors is usually a very daunting task. If they are under warranty send em back and get a pair of Ride bindings. Salamon should replace them. Good luck!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
flayray

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberianmist View Post
Just curious as to what the outcome of this was? My ankle strap just snapped off today and I'm going to bring it to a store to see what I can do. I don't have the receipt from when I bought them last year anymore, so I suppose warranty is out of the question. Here's my story.