Would this board be too short for me? (153cm T. Rice) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Would this board be too short for me? (153cm T. Rice)

So ive got the chance to pick up a used lib tech T. Rice Pro C2BTX board for cheap, but its 153 cm

Im about 5'9''-5'10'' and 170 pounds. I normally ride a 159 so I was worried this might be way to short.

Also, I would be using it pretty much for freeriding on icy/hard pack runs on the east coast

Thanks
.enigma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would say it's a little short. However, it just depends on how cheap we are talking and if you really want another board just for the hell of it.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .enigma. View Post
So ive got the chance to pick up a used lib tech T. Rice Pro C2BTX board for cheap, but its 153 cm

Im about 5'9''-5'10'' and 170 pounds. I normally ride a 159 so I was worried this might be way to short.

Also, I would be using it pretty much for freeriding on icy/hard pack runs on the east coast

Thanks
Depends on your riding. I've ridden both 2010 153 and 2011 157 and there's definitely a big difference in stiffness. the 153 t.rice was actually lot like my 2011 danny kass 153
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was in the same situation as you last season - I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs, and I ended up riding a 151 cm Bataleon Airobic near the end of the season last year. Usually I ride between a 153 and 158, depending on what I'm in the mood for, but I honestly didn't feel like it was all that much worse. I probably also do a lot more freestyle than you, though, so it's hard to say, but I ended up going pretty fast through groomed snow and didn't have any problems (but again, very different boards).

My buddy last year also ended up getting a Skate Banana for super cheap, but it was way too short for him (149cm?), and he's only a bit lighter than I am, and about the same height. And he said it was fine.

I think the C2 153 cm is also a blunt-tipped board, right? I heard you can get blunt boards a little shorter than you usually would.

And yeah. How cheap?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I can get it for about 150

Yea its blunt tip and pretty stiff so I figured those two would counter the shortness of it.

I know that length would be good for freestyle though, so my next question is, is this boad any good for park stuff or is it way too stiff?
Old 07-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Depends on what you're trying to do in the park.
I feel like it's kind of weird, because it's short... It's meant to be pretty sick on the big kickers, but maybe the shortness/blunt tips will help on the rails/butters.

As long as you're not just buttering around, or hitting fat jumps you'll probably be fine.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibimbap View Post
Depends on what you're trying to do in the park.
I feel like it's kind of weird, because it's short... It's meant to be pretty sick on the big kickers, but maybe the shortness/blunt tips will help on the rails/butters.

As long as you're not just buttering around, or hitting fat jumps you'll probably be fine.
Im pretty new to the park, so id just be hitting some small jumps mostly
Old 07-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I can get it for about 150

Yea its blunt tip and pretty stiff so I figured those two would counter the shortness of it.

I know that length would be good for freestyle though, so my next question is, is this boad any good for park stuff or is it way too stiff?
Yeah, I really don't know how that board will work for freestyle given that it is on the small size for you weight. The TRice is not really a freestyle board, but the smaller size should reduce the stiffness a little. It's good for big jumps, but then 153 might be a little small for big kickers.

Is it new or used? If it's new at $150 that's a steal. Even used, if in good condition, it's still a pretty good deal.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Yeah, I really don't know how that board will work for freestyle given that it is on the small size for you weight. The TRice is not really a freestyle board, but the smaller size should reduce the stiffness a little. It's good for big jumps, but then 153 might be a little small for big kickers.

Is it new or used? If it's new at $150 that's a steal. Even used, if in good condition, it's still a pretty good deal.
Its used, its in decent shape. Some minor scratches and it took a decent shot to one of the edges thats made a little bulge

Im still kind of new to snowboarding so I wont be hitting any 30 foot kickers anytime soon, so maybe ill just stick with using the board ive got now for freestyle and use the T Rice for freeriding occasionally
Old 07-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Its used, its in decent shape. Some minor scratches and it took a decent shot to one of the edges thats made a little bulge

Im still kind of new to snowboarding so I wont be hitting any 30 foot kickers anytime soon, so maybe ill just stick with using the board ive got now for freestyle and use the T Rice for freeriding occasionally
what year t.rice? 2010 or 2011? $150 is a steal for pretty much any decent ride-able condition
however, a freestyle board this is not. but if just for small jumps u'll be just fine
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote