Which size Gnu Street Series is best for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which size Gnu Street Series is best for me?

I am 5'9'' 150 lbs. I have a season and about 40 trips to the mt. under my belt.
I spent all my time in resorts but enjoy jibbing and slicing through trees between piste best.

I want something press-able for ground tricks and jibbing, but I also want something maneuverable enough to navigate the trees and powder chutes at the resort.
My goals for improvement this year: I'll try to become comfortable anywhere in the park and begin to learn half-pipe.

After careful consideration, I think the Gnu Street Series suits me very well... but i'm stuck on the size.
Should I go for the 152 or the 154?
Will the 154 give me more float and stability on powder days at the resort and an easier landing on medium to large kickers?
Will the 152 be too small?

I'm leaning towards the 154... but the board I have now is a cambered 152 and I don't have any complaints except the rear leg burn I get in powder.

Thanks for any help and advice!
yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post
I am 5'9'' 150 lbs. I have a season and about 40 trips to the mt. under my belt.
I spent all my time in resorts but enjoy jibbing and slicing through trees between piste best.

I want something press-able for ground tricks and jibbing, but I also want something maneuverable enough to navigate the trees and powder chutes at the resort.
My goals for improvement this year: I'll try to become comfortable anywhere in the park and begin to learn half-pipe.

After careful consideration, I think the Gnu Street Series suits me very well... but i'm stuck on the size.
Should I go for the 152 or the 154?
Will the 154 give me more float and stability on powder days at the resort and an easier landing on medium to large kickers?
Will the 152 be too small?

I'm leaning towards the 154... but the board I have now is a cambered 152 and I don't have any complaints except the rear leg burn I get in powder.

Thanks for any help and advice!
152 should suit you just fine
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin MTX View Post
152 should suit you just fine
im your same stats and i have a box scratcher 151 which is basically the same board, and its perfect
Old 07-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
im your same stats and i have a box scratcher 151 which is basically the same board, and its perfect
BTW, if anyone wants a 2012 in size 152, I can hook it up from my shop with employee discount.
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I really appreciate the feedback.... i found a really good deal on a 2011 model at $250, so i'm going with that.
-Jimbo
Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

street series is awesome. you wont be diasapointed.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Brian... I'm really a beginner, but I'll definitely post some observations and pictures once i've had some time with the board.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi Yojimbo,

To get a good sizing suggestion it is important to give your foot size. Height is not a factor.

Please let us know your foot size.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote