Boot Recommendations? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
rcheung

Default Boot Recommendations?

I'm trying to decide on a pair of boots. I'm looking for something very versatile - boots that provide excellent comfort and warmth while also being able to greatly satisfy and handle a wide-range of rider levels and terrains. I've been considering the following in no particular order:
1. Burton Ruler
2. Burton Ion
3. Burton Driver X
4. Burton Hail
5. Salomon F20
6. Salomon F22
7. DC Graphix Boa
8. DC Flare
9. Ride Orion
10. DC Balance

I'd definitely be open to other brands/models as well. Any advice would help - the more detailed, the better. There is only one local store nearby and they only had one of the above boots for me to try so I need to rely on online advice/reviews. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 02:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Erod

you're gonna hear this over and over... its way better to get the boot that you know fits best. if the one they have in the shop fits you i'd get that one, or at least try it on in the shop and get a better deal online if thats your style. otherwise its a big gamble
Old 02-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
rcheung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
you're gonna hear this over and over... its way better to get the boot that you know fits best. if the one they have in the shop fits you i'd get that one, or at least try it on in the shop and get a better deal online if thats your style. otherwise its a big gamble
Thanks for the advice, Erod. There must be some boot out there that provides more versatility than the rest. In fact, I'm leaning toward the Burton Ruler at the moment. There are many highly positive reviews out there for the Ruler which means that it can apparently work well for a large variety of riders assuming they get the right size. The Salomon F20 seems to work well with lots of people too.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

TRY THEM ON!!!
Erod is right your gunna hear this a million times.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
rcheung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Yep...no one can really recomend a boot other than to speak about the boots durability and waterproofing. As for fit and comfort, no two human feet seem to be exact and boot fit is a very individual thing.
Thanks, Snowolf. You bring up important points that will factor into my consideration - durability and waterproofing. Now, based solely on those two criteria, what brands of boot should I consider more? I'm at least trying to find a good starting point.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Other than some basic brand characteristics, like: Salomon, Ride, and Forum are known for smaller footprints (this comes in handy if you have a size 11-12, and want to ride a smaller width board). Burton's have a taller instep, which can help if your foot sometimes goes numb in the toes from too much pressure in the instep. etc.

Other than that, TRY THEM ON!! Everyone's foot is different, and there is no way for us to tell you what is going to feel right for you.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheung View Post
Thanks for the advice, Erod. There must be some boot out there that provides more versatility than the rest. In fact, I'm leaning toward the Burton Ruler at the moment. There are many highly positive reviews out there for the Ruler which means that it can apparently work well for a large variety of riders assuming they get the right size. The Salomon F20 seems to work well with lots of people too.
I've tried the ruler and the boxer, in sizes 11 and 12, and all 4 pairs felt like I had the right boot on my left foot and vice versa. Really uncomfortable to even walk.
I was kind of surprised, since my buddy's size12 Sabbath was comfortable as hell.

I'm riding size 11 Northwave Legend SL2, and love'em. (size 11 boot/shoe/sneaker)
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
240sx2jz

not trying to highjack. . . i tried on the rulers and they fit great for me. . . but does anyone have any idea if the f20's would be any smaller footprint wise??
i'm in that shitty 10.5 to 11 category s ever little bit counts.
thanks Dane
Old 02-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

1. Burton Ruler - good
2. Burton Ion - good
3. Burton Driver X - might as well use ski boots these things are that stiff
4. Burton Hail - people love theirs
5. Salomon F20 - good
6. Salomon F22 - good
7. DC Graphix Boa - meh
8. DC Flare - meh
9. Ride Orion - absolute shit
10. DC Balance - meh

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 02-05-2009 at 12:07 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote