Anyone else find that Burton Motos are uncomfortable? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Strife

Default Anyone else find that Burton Motos are uncomfortable?

I've tried everything to try and get my boots comfortable, but they become unbearable after 2 hours of riding, and I have to take the boot off for about 20 minutes. I've tried one and two pairs of socks, keeping the tops tight and the bottoms loose, tops looser and the bottoms somewhat tight, and just keeping the whole thing tight and my toes go numb everytime in every setting. Any ideas?

I tried on my buddies Nitro Rival Boots and they feel great on my feet, but I don't have any hill time with them... Should I ditch these boots after this season and try something else? I didn't buy them for the speed zone lacing or anything like that, and when I put them on in the store they seemed alright. I've used them in about 8 sessions and they just don't stay comfortable.

Also, any suggestions for new boots? BOA or regular lacing?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Erod

i've had my burton moto's for a day, and while they seemed really comfortable in the shop, they werent the best for all day riding. they do tend to hit a couple pressure points, but they're not unbearable by any means, at least for me. i've used boots that were better, and a lot worse
Old 02-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well if they get tighter after you've had them on for a few hours I'd say loosen them. After a few hours of physical activity your feet can swell up a bit. If that doesn't help you might be in need of some new boots. Are the boots brand new? If so they might need to be broken in more. From what I've seen boots are usually overtightened because they are too big to begin with and don't fit the foot correctly, or they aren't broken in yet. It took me a solid week to break in my boots.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Well if they get tighter after you've had them on for a few hours I'd say loosen them. After a few hours of physical activity your feet can swell up a bit. If that doesn't help you might be in need of some new boots. Are the boots brand new? If so they might need to be broken in more. From what I've seen boots are usually overtightened because they are too big to begin with and don't fit the foot correctly, or they aren't broken in yet. It took me a solid week to break in my boots.
I've gone boarding about 8 times this season, plus when I first got them just walkin around the house. Most of my snowboarding days consist of about 3-5 hour trips. I dunno... maybe I'll wear them around the house more or something. I think I got fitted wrong on them. If they don't become more comfortable by the end of the season, I'm gonna sell them and get something else for sure. I don't think the boot is poorly made or anything, but I want to be comfortable damnit!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I hear you. My Burton Ions were uncomfortable as hell for a good week or two of riding, maybe they got used to me or maybe I got used to them. I would give them atleast 3 weeks before you got too pissed at em, they might break in to really fit you. At that point what have you lost? You still won't be able to get what you paid.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

if you wear them your first day and they start hurting after a while, i would call that normal. i mean, to a certain extent. becuase you have to break them in, like any other athletic type of footwear.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

This brings up an interesting question about boot fitment... I know that its best to try on as many pairs as you can (I REALLY lucked out, cuz the first pair I've tried on were excellent and feel heavenly on my feet), but whats the sizing supposed to be like?

Are you supposed to undersize or oversize your boots? I wear a size 10/11 usually, and my boots are 12's, but they do have a removable liner, so i dunno how that works out with the sizing....

thoughts?

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

I usualy wear 11s but my Burton Motos are 10s. They fit great as long as I dont over tighten the lower zone.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

you are supposed to undersize, to allow for the liners packing out and thus leaving you with more room inside the bootie than when you first tried them

to the original poster..... either you need new feet, or burton suck!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Gustov

I normally wear size 12 shoe and i bought size 12 boots. they almost seemed too tight in the store, but after two days of riding they feel perfect. they're salomon. i've been told that people often get boots about half a size up from their shoe size, and that's what the guy at the store told me when i bought my boots, but i didn't listen to him and it worked out.

there is a thread called "boot fitting guide" in the equipment section

Last edited by Gustov; 02-19-2008 at 08:36 AM.