Is this a good board to progress on - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this a good board to progress on

Hi,
I'm looking at purchasing gear for the first time. I've gone about 6 times last season and loved it. I'm looking to make snowboarding a longtime hobby, I'm probably going to hit the slopes 15+ times this season. I'll be snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies. So far I've started to carve and can hold my own down blue slopes.

Essentially, I want a good board that'll last a while and be a great board to progress on.

I've been looking at the 2011 Ride DH2/dh2.4, the 2011 Ride Antic, and the Bataleon Goliath. So far I'm favoring the Goliath. It seems like a sick board that would last a while be fun to ride and is well built. I'm planing on getting the Burton Ruler boots and the Burton Custom or Mission bindings. All I've ridden is rental stuff so far and they've been Burton gear.

Do you guys think going with the Goliath is a good pick. All three boards seem solid; I think the DH2 is probably better then the Antic in build quality etc. And the Bataleon Goliath and the DH2 seem like good all mountain boards too. I'll stick to riding all over the mountain probably no park and all that till later on. I know the Bataleon have TBT technology that makes it difficult to catch edges; which is why it seems like a good board to learn on. Seems like the dh2 is pretty wide compared to the other two? Essentially I'm hoping for a board I can take all over the mountain and enjoy riding regardless of the condition, and should I feel comfortable enough, take for free styling and jumps after becoming a decent rider. I'm 140lb and wear a size 9 boot

Thanks
ZXCZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're basically my build. That makes this easy.

If you're looking for something that's capable everywhere since you don't know exactly where you're riding focus is, look at the Arbor Coda 153, K2 Raygun 153, Signal Omni 153, Flow Drifter 153, or the Bataleon Goliath 153.

My personal picks would be Coda, Omni, then Goliath. But that's me.

Pair it up with some Flux TT30's, Flow M9's, Raiden Phantom's, or Rome 390's.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Coda looks super sick, don't know if I can find one. I can't get my hands on the Omni. Do you think it would be worth it to spend the extra on the Coda, beacause I can get the Goliath dirty cheap for about 270. I can get an ride antic for 240, but It seems like the goliath is all around much better and better built.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Goliath is solid and you'll like it. Coda is worth the money if you can find one.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks Nivek for the input, I just picked up the Goliath now all I have to do is wait for snow .