Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Process V-Rocker (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40406-burton-process-v-rocker.html)

King_Pin_Rich 08-02-2011 07:00 PM

Burton Process V-Rocker

Hi People,

Have see a cheap Burton Process V-Rocker going cheap, any good?

I'm 5'10, 10 stone with a 10uk size boot.

I'm an Intermmediate Skill level, doing bit of eveything, starting to try jumps but still enjoy just cruising.

Been riding 06/07 Burton Dominant for the past few seasons,interested to try this rocker lark!

Thanks in advance.

Nivek 08-02-2011 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It will be fun to cruise around on. I was told it was an old Custom shape with softer guts and V'rock. I think it has their version of pop stix so it shouldn't be useless in the tips. It is however a pretty soft board.

Should be alright to learn jumps on but probably too loose to hit anything over 30ft comfortably.

King_Pin_Rich 08-03-2011 03:33 AM

Burning the midnight oil !

30ft jumps is'nt in my repertoire of tricks yet :p

I mess around trying the odd bit of buttering, but most of the time i'm cruising the piste or finding natural features to play off and/or the park.

I had been considering a Bataleon Goliath but 2011 stock seems to be drying up.

Maybe in the wrong section but i'm a little sceptical of the ICS mounting system , I have non-est binding (Nitro/Raidens Zeros).

Thanks in advance, Rich.

Nivek 08-03-2011 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't recall whether or not Raiden is offering an M6 conversion disc. If they aren't ICS is a no go unless you want new to buy new bindings too.

If you're looking for a more wallet friendly all mountain board check out the Flow Infinite I-Rock or if you want a twin the Era. Though my favorite has to be the Signal Omni. Its a true twin drilled setback. So mounted centered on the inserts it's a directional twin, but if you center your bindings on the board it's a true twin. The Signal shop on their website shows them in stock though I don't know if that's updated or accurate. If you are willing to pay full retail for 2012 they get a carbons strip down the center of the board making them just a hair stiffer but more stable and snappier. And then you have the option of the 2012 Park Flat, very possibly my next board.

King_Pin_Rich 08-03-2011 06:51 AM

Yeah I'll check the Flow out.
I'm certainly after a more wallet friendly option!

I dont ride switch often, but thats more becuase I feel sketchy doing it :p I would certainly like to improve. I guess that leans me more in the direction of a twin.

What are your thoughts on a Ride Machete?

Nivek 08-03-2011 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know a lot of people that really like the machete. I Found it to be a good mountain twin but it was too stiff for jibs and not the most playful around the mountain.