bataleon whatever - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 110
Default bataleon whatever

i'm 175 pounds and 5'9

do i want 153 or 156? i've never ridden anything below 155 before

don't know if this can be do it all board but if this can ride the whole moutain,

if not, i don't mind using this as a pure park board

what's the flex like compared to ns evo? it's my current board 09/10
collaboration is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,326
Default

Should be pretty close to the Evo you've got. I would go for the 156. At 145lbs I could ride the 153 everywhere in the park and it was still useful and fun on the rest of the mountain. So the 153 for you would likely be too soft for any decent fun around the mountain outside the park.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,210
Default

The new Whatever is on the softer side. Also consider the running length. Due to the Flat tips on the new Whatever, the running length is long in comparison to similar old season models. For instance, the 2012 Whatever 153 has a running length of 115 cm while last years Goliath 157 was only 116.

What is your foot size? That will help us all to get you some informed suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited by Wiredsport; 08-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The new Whatever is on the softer side. Also consider the running length. Due to the Flat tips on the new Whatever, the running length is long in comparison to similar old season models. For instance, the 2012 Whatever 153 has a running length of 115 cm while last years Goliath 157 was only 116.

What is your foot size? That will help us all to get you some informed suggestions.

Thanks!
Wired,

I am looking at the Airobic for my new board. I have mostly ridden a freeride board which is a 156. I am 180 lbs, 5'11'' and wear a 9 boot, would the 152 Airobic be too small and soft to ride at my weight?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Should be pretty close to the Evo you've got. I would go for the 156. At 145lbs I could ride the 153 everywhere in the park and it was still useful and fun on the rest of the mountain. So the 153 for you would likely be too soft for any decent fun around the mountain outside the park.
how's the flex compared to the blacklist?

it's much easier for me to get bataleon than arbor locally
collaboration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Wired,

I am looking at the Airobic for my new board. I have mostly ridden a freeride board which is a 156. I am 180 lbs, 5'11'' and wear a 9 boot, would the 152 Airobic be too small and soft to ride at my weight?
Hi Losi,

The Airobic loves Park, Jibs, Rails...etc. It is definately a soft flexing model, uses Bataleon's widest center base and has a planform that is custom tailored for those uses. It would not be my first choice as a freeride replacement board for you at 180 lbs. Will this be a second board or your main stick? The 2012 Airobic comes in 151 or 154 but not 152. I would lean toward the 154 for you even as a park board.

Let me know if you are looking to replace your 156 freeride board (rather than adding a park board to your quiver) and I will make an alternate Bataleon suggestion. At 180 there are other Bataleon models that I think will be more fun for you as a one board wonder.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Losi,

The Airobic loves Park, Jibs, Rails...etc. It is definately a soft flexing model, uses Bataleon's widest center base and has a planform that is custom tailored for those uses. It would not be my first choice as a freeride replacement board for you at 180 lbs. Will this be a second board or your main stick? The 2012 Airobic comes in 151 or 154 but not 152. I would lean toward the 154 for you even as a park board.

Let me know if you are looking to replace your 156 freeride board (rather than adding a park board to your quiver) and I will make an alternate Bataleon suggestion. At 180 there are other Bataleon models that I think will be more fun for you as a one board wonder.

Thanks!
I was looking at the Airobic as a second stick park board, but if Bataleon does have a board that leans more towards park and is also some freeride I would definitely be interested in that as well since I do a little bit of both.
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
I was looking at the Airobic as a second stick park board, but if Bataleon does have a board that leans more towards park and is also some freeride I would definitely be interested in that as well since I do a little bit of both.
For your specs I would steer you straight towards an ET 154. Still crazy fun everywhere you want it to be. It will rip the park but will have a little more punch for you at 180 lbs and will hold up to poor conditions a lot better. Twin TBT has a sligthly narrower center base than Jib TBT and for the mix you have descibed...it's perfection.

Thanks.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
losib3257's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
For your specs I would steer you straight towards an ET 154. Still crazy fun everywhere you want it to be. It will rip the park but will have a little more punch for you at 180 lbs and will hold up to poor conditions a lot better. Twin TBT has a sligthly narrower center base than Jib TBT and for the mix you have descibed...it's perfection.

Thanks.
Thanks for the great info!!! Ok, so, the Twin TBT on the ET is has a more narrower base which means more speed for freereide? Or how does the narrower base make a difference while riding compared to Jib TBT?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,210
Default

That is correct. Jib TBT has the widest base of Bataleon's 5 TBT Flavors. Twin TBT is the next widest. Please keep in mind that the mid section on TBT boards is still flat (no triple base) so this just effects the areas moving out towards the tip and tail that do have three bases. The extra center base width adds a little stability in presses, etc, but going narrower eases transitions etc.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums