bataleon whatever - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default bataleon whatever

i'm 175 pounds and 5'9

do i want 153 or 156? i've never ridden anything below 155 before

don't know if this can be do it all board but if this can ride the whole moutain,

if not, i don't mind using this as a pure park board

what's the flex like compared to ns evo? it's my current board 09/10
collaboration is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Should be pretty close to the Evo you've got. I would go for the 156. At 145lbs I could ride the 153 everywhere in the park and it was still useful and fun on the rest of the mountain. So the 153 for you would likely be too soft for any decent fun around the mountain outside the park.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The new Whatever is on the softer side. Also consider the running length. Due to the Flat tips on the new Whatever, the running length is long in comparison to similar old season models. For instance, the 2012 Whatever 153 has a running length of 115 cm while last years Goliath 157 was only 116.

What is your foot size? That will help us all to get you some informed suggestions.

Thanks!

Last edited by Wiredsport; 08-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
The new Whatever is on the softer side. Also consider the running length. Due to the Flat tips on the new Whatever, the running length is long in comparison to similar old season models. For instance, the 2012 Whatever 153 has a running length of 115 cm while last years Goliath 157 was only 116.

What is your foot size? That will help us all to get you some informed suggestions.

Thanks!
Wired,

I am looking at the Airobic for my new board. I have mostly ridden a freeride board which is a 156. I am 180 lbs, 5'11'' and wear a 9 boot, would the 152 Airobic be too small and soft to ride at my weight?
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Should be pretty close to the Evo you've got. I would go for the 156. At 145lbs I could ride the 153 everywhere in the park and it was still useful and fun on the rest of the mountain. So the 153 for you would likely be too soft for any decent fun around the mountain outside the park.
how's the flex compared to the blacklist?

it's much easier for me to get bataleon than arbor locally
collaboration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
Wired,

I am looking at the Airobic for my new board. I have mostly ridden a freeride board which is a 156. I am 180 lbs, 5'11'' and wear a 9 boot, would the 152 Airobic be too small and soft to ride at my weight?
Hi Losi,

The Airobic loves Park, Jibs, Rails...etc. It is definately a soft flexing model, uses Bataleon's widest center base and has a planform that is custom tailored for those uses. It would not be my first choice as a freeride replacement board for you at 180 lbs. Will this be a second board or your main stick? The 2012 Airobic comes in 151 or 154 but not 152. I would lean toward the 154 for you even as a park board.

Let me know if you are looking to replace your 156 freeride board (rather than adding a park board to your quiver) and I will make an alternate Bataleon suggestion. At 180 there are other Bataleon models that I think will be more fun for you as a one board wonder.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Losi,

The Airobic loves Park, Jibs, Rails...etc. It is definately a soft flexing model, uses Bataleon's widest center base and has a planform that is custom tailored for those uses. It would not be my first choice as a freeride replacement board for you at 180 lbs. Will this be a second board or your main stick? The 2012 Airobic comes in 151 or 154 but not 152. I would lean toward the 154 for you even as a park board.

Let me know if you are looking to replace your 156 freeride board (rather than adding a park board to your quiver) and I will make an alternate Bataleon suggestion. At 180 there are other Bataleon models that I think will be more fun for you as a one board wonder.

Thanks!
I was looking at the Airobic as a second stick park board, but if Bataleon does have a board that leans more towards park and is also some freeride I would definitely be interested in that as well since I do a little bit of both.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by losib3257 View Post
I was looking at the Airobic as a second stick park board, but if Bataleon does have a board that leans more towards park and is also some freeride I would definitely be interested in that as well since I do a little bit of both.
For your specs I would steer you straight towards an ET 154. Still crazy fun everywhere you want it to be. It will rip the park but will have a little more punch for you at 180 lbs and will hold up to poor conditions a lot better. Twin TBT has a sligthly narrower center base than Jib TBT and for the mix you have descibed...it's perfection.

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
For your specs I would steer you straight towards an ET 154. Still crazy fun everywhere you want it to be. It will rip the park but will have a little more punch for you at 180 lbs and will hold up to poor conditions a lot better. Twin TBT has a sligthly narrower center base than Jib TBT and for the mix you have descibed...it's perfection.

Thanks.
Thanks for the great info!!! Ok, so, the Twin TBT on the ET is has a more narrower base which means more speed for freereide? Or how does the narrower base make a difference while riding compared to Jib TBT?
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That is correct. Jib TBT has the widest base of Bataleon's 5 TBT Flavors. Twin TBT is the next widest. Please keep in mind that the mid section on TBT boards is still flat (no triple base) so this just effects the areas moving out towards the tip and tail that do have three bases. The extra center base width adds a little stability in presses, etc, but going narrower eases transitions etc.