tuning a board with MagneTraction (libTech) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default tuning a board with MagneTraction (libTech)

So last winter im doing the dges on my board and my buddy brings his LibTech. We then realized we can't do the edges because of the "wavy" magnetaraction edge. We called a shop and they said we cannot do it by hand, has to be done on a special machine. Is there a way around this?
marcdeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a fucking edge if you know how to tune an edge you can do it regardless of it being wavy. Machine, hand, hitting rocks it does it all.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i just love "can't tune my magnetraction board" threads.. hehehe!
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You know how much money I made off dumb people that were like "no one else in town can tune this but I heard you can" yeah no shit I can tune it I'm not a retard you run it across the belt it just takes a steadier eye and hand and poof it's done. I need to dig out those pictures of me doing a first gen TRS with Mag that thing was shooting sparks but it had a nice sharp edge on it. Hell how the fuck do you think Mervin tunes them from the factory? You're not paying someone to do it by hand the labor cost would be too intensive.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Buy a $10 hand file.
Edit: Save a bunch of money, and do it how you want it done.

Last edited by chupacabraman; 08-10-2011 at 10:37 PM.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

BurtonAvenger...

I have a life. Im not a teenager whos entire world consists of snowboarding and I am not a professional snowboarder. But I am a man, and i am certain that if i asked you face to face that same question, you wouldn't call me an dumb or retarded. If you did, you would quickly regret it. But I just BET that you wouldn't anyway......

I asked a question and people act like children.

anyways, I attempted to edge the board and my buddy stopped me. it's not my board so I did. And then I remember him telling me that it couldn't be done and so on and so forth.

Since this seemed like a really cool place, and most of the questions i've read are answered respectfully by people who obviously share the same passion, I decided to pose what I thought - and still do - to be a valid question.

So let me teach you the correct way to REPLY in a mature manner ....

"Marcdeo, you CAN edge the board. Dont waste you money on people telling you you can't. I worked in a shop"

to which I would reply "thanks so much! i appreciate the heads up"

But I guess expecting that kind of behaviour from a person who admits to ripping off his customers is naive of me.

Last edited by marcdeo; 08-10-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Aww is someone upset and threatening me with the 'if we were in person I'd hurt you' response? If you were smart enough to actually comprehend this website called google or even the search feature that is located in the upper right quadrant of this site and run by google you would have found your answer that yes it can be done. But no you were lazy and unable to even comprehend a search engine. Now add to that your inability to look at it and go you know this isn't any different than a regular tri-radial sidecut and I can do it myself. Perhaps if your creative problem solving skills were higher than that of a 12 year old with down syndrome you might have figured that out. Also is it really ripping someone off if you know how to do it and can do it because they too have an inability to creatively figure it out themselves. Now kindly go fist yourself.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ba..... Your a tanks at making people look dumb.
SHREDDER97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdeo View Post
But I am a man, and i am certain that if i asked you face to face that same question, you wouldn't call me an dumb or retarded. If you did, you would quickly regret it. But I just BET that you wouldn't anyway......

But I guess expecting that kind of behaviour from a person who admits to ripping off his customers is naive of me.
Actually, what's naive of you is to think that acting tough on the internet is going to prove your point or impress anyone in any way.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

I never threatened you. I know people like you - anyone who reads this thread will be able to tell the difference between you and I. I don't get upset or get into childish name calling over the internet. And I don't think - even with a whole jar of Crisco oil - that I would get any enjoyment out of fisting myself, so while I appreciate the recommendation (I'm sure you love it), I'll pass. Plus as you noticed I'm lazy, and Fisting seems like SUCH a chore......

And don't get all upset and frustrated. Even a first year psych student knows that anger, aggression are ALWAYS based in fear. So buddy, RELAX! Because fortunately (for you), we will never actually meet. So turn that frown upside down! You should do what I'm about to do, smoke a fatty and relax! Smile! Realize that soon we will all be on the hill, enjoying our collective passions. Of course You may choose to throw in a fisting session which you so kindly recommend, but HEY! more power to ya! I don't judge!