Porters tahoe coupon - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Default Porters tahoe coupon

Got an email as a porters tahoe "prefeerred customer" giving me an extra 15% off anything in their store including sale items. coupon code is : BACON

just wanted to pass it on.

Porters Sports Lake Tahoe - Burton Snowboard Bindings, Burton Bindings, Burton Snowboards, Burton Snowboard Boots, K2 Skis, Holden Clothing, Volcom Clothing, Burton Jackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

where were you 2 days ago when I ordered my new board
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

somewhere without the preferred customer email!!!

haha...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Redisant Kitten

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Just picked up new bindings for an amazing price.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

well thats awesome to hear, glad someone got to get a good deal
Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
billj500

I just saved $45 on top of the 40% off end of season sale on my new Burton Custom w/Cartel bindings! $400 SHIPPED for a Custom WITH Cartel bindings,,,...are you kidding me?!? You rock bro!

Oh yeah, the coupon is only 10% off, but still, kick ass!

Last edited by billj500; 03-31-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
billj500

If anyone is still reading this thread, FYI, Porters kind of had substandard follow up customer service. Got the board 2 days after I ordered it, which was cool. But the board bag was thrashed. Also, the bindings got shipped to Boise ID. Trying to get everything fixed was a battle. Warehouse (mailorder) customer service reps are ditsy chicks that are like totally on ski town time, dude. Trying to talk business was like pulling teeth! Anyway, you've been warned, adjust your expectations and standards accordingly...
Old 04-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Porters is definitely a ski town business. So actually your comments don't surprise me. Plus they are in Tahoe, so you're dealing with California brha... Anyway, did they eventually take care of your or are you still douching around with them?
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
billj500

Yes, Porters did resolve the issue. Rather than have me wait for UPS to resolve the routing problem, Porters 2nd day aired me a replacement. I just wish I didn't have to get the blood pressure elevated and go 2 steps up the supervisory ladder resulting in a 45 minute phone call with extended hold times to get results. I was also a little baffled by their initial "Jeff Spicoli" approach to customer service. With all this being said, I am still happy with the overall transaction in that I got the exact board/binding combo I was looking for at 45% off. I'm not trying to turn people away from Porters. Just be ready for some potential curve balls if you are used to dealing with companies like REI and Backcountry dot com.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
TahoeChappy

Hey all -

I'm John Chapman - or "Chappy" - and I'm the owner of Porters. First and foremost, yes things are more laid back and relaxed in Tahoe, but that should mean that we're easier to deal with...not less. I'm bummed that it sounds like you didn't get exceptional service. To our slight defense, when UPS screws up we don't have control over that, and it sounds like we did the right thing and expedited out another set of bindings. Many websites wouldn't do that "on the come." But what ultimately matters is your opinion and I seriously value customer's like yours.

So "billj500" (or anyone for that matter), we have made some major changes at porterstahoe.com since the spring of '08. First and foremost, the person that you dealt with is gone. Other than one or two people, we have an entirely new bunch of customer service employees. In addition, we have gone to a b/c type policy where we now have UNCONDITIONAL returns with no time frame limit and a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Simply put, we're striving to get you what you want as fast as possible for a good price with zero hassle.

If at anytime we don't live up to that expectation, you can personally email me at chappy@porterstahoe.com and I promise to not only make it right, but to go above and beyond...