Cartels vs Triads vs P1s.....thoughts? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
danemeyer20

Default Cartels vs Triads vs P1s.....thoughts?

After reading the forum the past few days i think it might be time for an upgrade of my 6 year old burton customs(love these bindings and swore I would never do this). I have had these bindings through 3 different boards and have just never switched them up because they are teh shyt. I have plead blinded ignorance and have refused to change but after reading so many responses about the better quality of the upgrades I think i might have to pull the trigger.

Whats the difference and your preference? I have 15+ years experience and ride 75/25 in the Mountain/Terrain. thanks for the info

**** BTW, I have an 06 Ride Theory(Mountain) and a Banana(Park/Night) that I will be switching the bindings up on so they need to be able to work for both

Last edited by danemeyer20; 02-19-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

I replaced some 2001 Customs with now triads this year and couldnt be happier. I really was impressed with the change from the old customs. Havent ridden the other bindings but the Triads were a bigger change than the new board I got this season too.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Netstalker

this is not from personal experience, but when I was buying my new set-up I originally wanted Cartels ( which the store had in stock ) but the guy showed me a drawer with about 10 or so broken ratchets from 08 Cartels. while he was mounting my new Ride Beta ULs on my board, some kid came in with a broken highback Cartel.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
danemeyer20

I honestly just cant make the move to another type of binding. I am still having doubts about the move from my customs and just dont want to go that far away
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mendel

I can't speak about the P1s, but I was deciding earlier this year bewtween cartels and triads to replace my 2 year old freestyles(which I was not attached to lol). If you want me to explain in detail why I picked the Cartels then pm me and I'll be happy to talk. Basically, I ride more mountain than park and wanted something that will last, so I narrowed it down, also I had a moderate budget.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
danemeyer20

what has a higher back, the cartels or triads? i cant tell from pictures and cant find the info online. thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
StarKidO

i believe the cartels have a higher high back.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mendel

Don't quote me on this, but the Cartels have higher back(methinks). And believe me, the Cartels have a HIGH mofoing highback,
for carving
Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

The ones on my Triads are a whole lot higher than my old school customs.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netstalker View Post
this is not from personal experience, but when I was buying my new set-up I originally wanted Cartels ( which the store had in stock ) but the guy showed me a drawer with about 10 or so broken ratchets from 08 Cartels. while he was mounting my new Ride Beta ULs on my board, some kid came in with a broken highback Cartel.
which store in Whitby was this, man?

there's one on Brock road (forget the name) but they were pushing Cartels on me when I was looking for a second set of bindings.

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote