Snowboard Pants - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
ndiggity

Default Snowboard Pants

Hey guys, I went boarding for the first time this year today. I took out my Lib Tech TRS with MTX and my Cartels on their maiden voyage. Overall, everything went great. By my second run, I was going on the blacks. But I need new snowpants, as I realized this last pair is too small.

So I'm looking for recommendations to start with. I know to look for something min 10k/10k with fully taped seams, but I'd love to hear some experiences with different brands. My last pair were crappy Columbia pants I've had since I was a kid. Also, if I have a Special Blend Aaron jackets from this year, would it be beneficial to go with special blend pants. I don't remember if it had a system to connect with SB pants or not.

Also, right on the front of my shin got really sore today, it almost felt as if my skin was being pinched. I ride regular and I think I usually felt it on my toe edge, moreso on my back foot. I couldn't quite isolate the source. I wear snowboard socks in my boots but I have my pants and snowboard pants outside my boot. I'm wondering if maybe I had my boots to tight and by the time I loosened them later in they day, the damage had been done. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow, just a little late - The House had Sessions (I think?) 10k/10k as their Deal of the Day for like 60.

Right now, I have a pair of Sessions Hamptons, and wore them for the first time on Saturday - I was dry and happy (for once!)
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
ndiggity

Well, I'm in Banff right now so I should have lots to choose from and there should be some sales going on. Good to hear those Sessions are working for ya, I'll have to check em out.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea, although when I went it wasn't particularily wet, but I was doing my usual falling and sitting and stuff, so they held up alright.

Oh, and if you get special blend...the large ones are HUGE. My little brother (whose 5'11") bought them for $60 because they were 25k waterproof, and they sag so much, but they kept him dry as well.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I've heard great things about Sessions, Four Square, and 686. I myself plan on going 686 next with my pants, but that is taking a backseat to a Rome Graft.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089

check your local discount wear house stores (tj max, marshalls, etc..)

i got a white pair of these at one for $60!!!

http://www.google.com/product_url?q=...hl=en&sa=title
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
siberianmist

i have a few pairs, but my favorite pair is my volcom weft pants. kind of a small waste considering how baggy they are, but never get wet, never get cold, plenty of pockets, very durable
Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Watch SAC and Whiskey Militia. 10k pants are poppin' all the time there.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
ndiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDaTank089 View Post
check your local discount wear house stores (tj max, marshalls, etc..)

i got a white pair of these at one for $60!!!

Sepia Embargo Snowboard Pant WHITE PINSTRIPE $176.00 at Snowboard Connection
I saw those today at a boarding store except they were large. I ended up getting a great deal on a pair of Shawn White pants and they fit me really well.

I also was looking for a light shell that was really waterproof for spring boarding and as it is like 5 degrees celcius here. I came across a NorthFace XCR which has goretex and I got it for $250 canadian, regular $430. You can't get more waterproof than goretex and you can tighten the waist, so I think it will work perfect for those wet spring days. Does anybody else have experience with North Face jackets snowboarding?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mendel

Just throwing in Arctix, I got them in December and I love them, not mainstream brand but check them out. Never soaked through, even on 40+ days with the sun shining and falling on my ass, and plenty of pockets.

I got a Columbia jacket I've used for two years, I know their snowboarding/waterproof gear is good shit.

$0.02