Forum Scallywag: Is it the Right Choice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lab

Default Forum Scallywag: Is it the Right Choice?

I've been looking for a new board since my old one was getting some age on it and had a big gash on the bottom. I've been looking at the forum scallywag and was wondering if anyone could confirm that it would be a good choice for me.

I'm 5'9" 150lbs, wear a size 10 boot, and a 12/-12 stance.

As far as riding goes, i've been working in the park and I tend to lean towards rails/boxes more than jumps, but also enjoy a little bit of buttering/presses just riding around with friends. I still want to be able to ride the whole mountain comfortably since my family skis and don't go in the park... at all. As far as skill level goes i feel comfortable on rails and jumps up to about 35' and can go down black diamonds with ease, but i tend to stay away from moguls. I do not see myself gaining any weight in the near future and want a decent board that i can use for pretty much anything.

My main concerns: Will it be stable at high speeds, yet flexible enough to do butters/presses with some ease? This board seems to be just right when it comes to price range but i want some other opinions on it.

One more important note: My old board was a traditional camber, and this board is rocker, will that make a big difference or is it something i can get used to after a few trips out to the mountain? Thanks in advance!
Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You'll get use to full rocker fairly quick. Took me maybe half a day to get used to rocker from camber.

The Scallywag is a decent board. But you basically described either the Signal Park Flat or Arbor Blacklist. Both are going to be jibbable, jumpable, and a blast to cruise around the mountain on. Either center reverse like the Forum or zero cam. Zero cam will take no time to get used to at all. It's the happy medium between rocker and camber. It's like an already broken in board feel without the loading and unloading for turns. I really like zero, but Arbor's is one of my two favorite rocker concepts.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lab

I just checked out the blacklist and park and the signal park seems to be modest in price but does anyone know where to find the cheapest Arbor blacklist? I've only found them for $420 *chuckles* and only in 2012 models. Does anyone know if you can find 2011 models? I'm pretty cheap (I'm trying to find boards for <$300)
Lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well less that $300 you aren't going to find the Blacklist or Park Flat. Both are new for 2012.

If you're looking for that look for a Nitro Swindle, Salomon Drift Rocker, or a Signal Omni. Omni is stiffer for 2012 which is why I didn't recommend it from the start.

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just picked up a forum scallywag off of geartrade for like 50 dollars. I obviously havnt ridden it yet, but from just strapping in on the carpet it doesnt seem as flexy as I would have thought so that makes me think it might be alright for freeriding
.enigma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah carpet tests are SOOOPAAH good and way better than personal experience.

Also, buy my things?
Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

blacklist is $420 new? Wow that's ridiculously cheap.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote