What size proto - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What size proto

I'll be getting the proto ct or ctx soon. Still trying to decide on what size to get. I'm trying to decide between the ctx in 152, and the ct at 154. I wear size 11 nike kaiju boots (they seem to fit smaller than other size 11 boots I have had, I used to have Burton Hails in 11, the Kaijus feel like 10's or 10.5's), my height is 5'11 and weigh 180 pounds. I will be using the board for almost all park. I would say I probably do 70 percent jumps and 30 percent rails. Just trying to get an idea on what size would fit me the best. Also I will have my bindings set to 15/-15. Ik it won't be a problem on the wide boards but if I get the 154 ct it might be, but I don't think so because I will be using a pretty wide stance, I usually ride with the holes on the board all the way out and the screws centered on the bindings.

Last edited by Luburgh08; 08-19-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Luburgh08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm 185 lbs, ish and have the Proto 154 CT (US9 feet) but at 180 lbs, on paper, most people would recommend 157 I reckon. That said, there are advocates for the shorter board!

The 157 would give you that little bit more stability when landing - if jumps are your 70%. But unless you're hitting really big jumps then I can't see why you wouldn't opt for the Evo. I rode one that was definitely too short for me at 151 but it was plenty stable enough bombing down the slope and even landing some 20 footers. I will be taking the Proto all mountain and over big jumps (for me - 40'+) and making the most out of it!!

The Proto won't be your pure park board surely?? Even the Evo is too good outside of the park to restrict it to one area!

What are your other boards? What size jumps will you be hitting?

I'm not sure what these are like for landings but these have all come up as great park boards.

K2 WWW
Signal Park Rocker
NS Evo
Arbor Blacklist (when it arrives)
Old 08-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a revolver, and I just like a stiffer board, I'm trying to sell the revolver right now in order to get this board. But I'm riding a 153 revolver, so I don't think I'm going to go up to a 157.
Luburgh08 is offline   Reply With Quote