Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   tough economy means fewer new snowboards this year (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40647-tough-economy-means-fewer-new-snowboards.html)

Ballistic 08-19-2011 09:04 PM

tough economy means fewer new snowboards this year

it seems from reading these forums that most of you (us) are gear whores and buy all new stuff every friggin year:rolleyes: But whatever happened to the notion of being "thrifty" ? In these tough ecomonic times... uncertain times... it seems the S#it can Hit The Fan at any moment.

The euro economy continues to slide... SHTF
Interest rates start rising here.... SHTF
hyper inflation = SHTF
china does something really stupid= SHTF

on and on... so many things can go sideways.

i dont know about you guys, but times are tough so its time to be frugal this winter... no new equipment for me this winter. Heck i have enough snowboards to last until apes take over the world. My focus this winter is to improve my riding skills and enjoy the stuff i already have:laugh: I already bought my seasons pass along time ago.

How bout you.. ? are you spending like theres no tommorow? business as usual ??

BurtonAvenger 08-19-2011 09:51 PM

We're all gonna die eventually might as well spend your cash to make you happy.

Argo 08-19-2011 10:30 PM

Apes already took over.

Ballistic 08-19-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 411967)
Apes already took over.

BAHAHAHAH !! ya thats right they started rioting in London and burning down buildings and looting ! imagine if thru facebook the apes orchestrated riots simultaniosly in hundreds of large urban centers ? I get a really bad feeling about the 2012 London summer Olympics next year.. dunno why:dunno:

Damn you !! damn u all to heck !!

chupacabraman 08-19-2011 11:46 PM

I'm the thriftiest mofo out there, but I still have to buy almost all new gear every year, because 95% of snowboard gear is crap that doesn't last a full season. Weak sauce. :thumbsdown:
-----
edit: and I don't mean thrifty like I'm buying crappy gear, I'm just searching hard to the best possible deal on what I figure is the best gear for me.

Ballistic 08-20-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chupacabraman (Post 411977)
thriftiest mofo.

Would make an awesome tee shirt :laugh:

Wiredsport 08-20-2011 07:52 AM

If it means riding last year's stuff (or 7 year old stuff) vs not being able to go riding/have gas money/buy lift tickets, ride the old gear. The economy, your neighbors, your girlfriend, all look a lot better after a day of fresh pow. :cheeky4:

chupacabraman 08-20-2011 08:22 AM

And I think the current economic recession doesn't really effect the majority of snowboarders all too much. I mean, most of us are just working for X dollars per hour, making the same amount per check regardless of how the stocks change and big business drops.

readimag 08-20-2011 08:45 AM

yeah and I just got my bonus .....

Grasschopper 08-20-2011 09:31 AM

Yea but if I don't spend the money I earn then it hurts the economy. Personally we do our part to support the economy...bought 3 new boards last year (son, wife, self), new clothes for everyone. Season passes are purchased...plans for weekend trips being made for this year...son is growing so son will need all the clothes again....and my daughter is about old enough to take to the snow...so time for gear for her. :D