Nice Board...Nice this for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Question Nice Board...Nice this for me?

hey guys..i have been SEARCHING for a setup for awhile now. i found a guy with a 2008 burton twin 157, burton mission bindings and burton freestyle boots. the boots and bindings look and fit great. he says he only used the board for a day, but there are a couple nicks and scuffs in the finish. should i be concerned about how it was treated? can I get it "tuned up" some how? $400 for the hate to pass it up...

I am a beginner to intermediate. 24 yr old guy, 5'9", 150lbs.. i will be doing mostly mountain riding (groomed) to start out. Although this is my first board, id like to get a couple years out of it. I was also considering a new 2008 Never Summer SL, ($424) 2008 Burton Hail boots ($140), and Rome Targa bindings ($160). I was tryin to keep the cost down, and I don't think I would notice a huge difference as a beginner. your input would be great...Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
you can take the board into a shop and they'll fix it up, but unless it's going to alter the way the board rides, i wouldn't spend the money to fix it up. Sorry, i don't know about the board though. However, I used my first board for all-mountain as it was stiff as rock and once i wanted to do park i was still able to learn it with the board.. so if the board is all-mountain it should last through your progressions.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, is the scuffs and whatnot on the top or the base? if its on the top and doesn't actually go in, its fine...I'd say go for it, if you can't lower the price just a little. I have the same boots and bindings and they're comfortable, granted they're last lear's models. Figure $100 for boots, another $100 for bindings...figure out how much for the board you want to spend and go for it

Board: Directional
Bindings: Burton Missions 07
Boots: Burton Freestyle 07

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode