Nice Board...Nice deal...is this for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
crappinduck

Question Nice Board...Nice deal...is this for me?

hey guys..i have been SEARCHING for a setup for awhile now. i found a guy with a 2008 burton twin 157, burton mission bindings and burton freestyle boots. the boots and bindings look and fit great. he says he only used the board for a day, but there are a couple nicks and scuffs in the finish. should i be concerned about how it was treated? can I get it "tuned up" some how? $400 for the package...id hate to pass it up...

I am a beginner to intermediate. 24 yr old guy, 5'9", 150lbs.. i will be doing mostly mountain riding (groomed) to start out. Although this is my first board, id like to get a couple years out of it. I was also considering a new 2008 Never Summer SL, ($424) 2008 Burton Hail boots ($140), and Rome Targa bindings ($160). I was tryin to keep the cost down, and I don't think I would notice a huge difference as a beginner. your input would be great...Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
snowblind

you can take the board into a shop and they'll fix it up, but unless it's going to alter the way the board rides, i wouldn't spend the money to fix it up. Sorry, i don't know about the board though. However, I used my first board for all-mountain as it was stiff as rock and once i wanted to do park i was still able to learn it with the board.. so if the board is all-mountain it should last through your progressions.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well, is the scuffs and whatnot on the top or the base? if its on the top and doesn't actually go in, its fine...I'd say go for it, if you can't lower the price just a little. I have the same boots and bindings and they're comfortable, granted they're last lear's models. Figure $100 for boots, another $100 for bindings...figure out how much for the board you want to spend and go for it
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote