Board to round out quiver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board to round out quiver

Hi everyone,

I need your help deciding what board to purchase as it seems that many members here have experience with multiple boards.

Weight: 160-165 with gear
Boot: 8.5
Riding style: Aggressive freeriding and intermediate park
Budget: none
Your location of riding: Mostly Mammoth Mountain. Would like to take a trip to Jackson Hole this season

My first board was a 2005 NS SL which i regretfully bought as I destroyed it before becoming any good at riding. My second board is a 2007 NS Evo that I bought when I was very into freestyle and was primarily riding at a small local park oriented mountain. The rails have been dramatically beveled and detuned so it really can't hold an edge to carve anymore. My latest board is a 2010 NS F1 Premier that i bought when I started riding at Mammoth more often that I now use for everything except of rails and boxes(mainly out of fears of scratching the base).

I am looking for a board to use at Mammoth on groomers, moguls, and light powder conditions. I'm tired of having to choose either to sacrifice my ability to carve or ride park for everyday riding. I primarily want a board for freeriding that can make long fast carves and well as deep and narrow ones. I enjoy doing jumps of almost any size but don't want a board that is too long that it makes it difficult to spin. I am comfortable boardsliding rails but don't plan on using the board for anything past that. Finally, I am still inexperienced riding pipe so that aspect doesn't really matter to me. I love my F1's RC design with its nimble feel while still being able to load down during carves. In general, I like to use stiffer boots and bindings as I like to have responsive control while riding. Although all of my boards have been NS so far, I don't necessarily have to stick with it for my next board.

Thanks and I hope I my expectations aren't too far fetch.
Dankul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankul View Post
Hi everyone,

I need your help deciding what board to purchase as it seems that many members here have experience with multiple boards.

Weight: 160-165 with gear
Boot: 8.5
Riding style: Aggressive freeriding and intermediate park
Budget: none
Your location of riding: Mostly Mammoth Mountain. Would like to take a trip to Jackson Hole this season

My first board was a 2005 NS SL which i regretfully bought as I destroyed it before becoming any good at riding. My second board is a 2007 NS Evo that I bought when I was very into freestyle and was primarily riding at a small local park oriented mountain. The rails have been dramatically beveled and detuned so it really can't hold an edge to carve anymore. My latest board is a 2010 NS F1 Premier that i bought when I started riding at Mammoth more often that I now use for everything except of rails and boxes(mainly out of fears of scratching the base).

I am looking for a board to use at Mammoth on groomers, moguls, and light powder conditions. I'm tired of having to choose either to sacrifice my ability to carve or ride park for everyday riding. I primarily want a board for freeriding that can make long fast carves and well as deep and narrow ones. I enjoy doing jumps of almost any size but don't want a board that is too long that it makes it difficult to spin. I am comfortable boardsliding rails but don't plan on using the board for anything past that. Finally, I am still inexperienced riding pipe so that aspect doesn't really matter to me. I love my F1's RC design with its nimble feel while still being able to load down during carves. In general, I like to use stiffer boots and bindings as I like to have responsive control while riding. Although all of my boards have been NS so far, I don't necessarily have to stick with it for my next board.

Thanks and I hope I my expectations aren't too far fetch.
Seems like you are a NS guy so why not the new Proto?
Otherwise, I'd recommend a TRS seeing that you like R.C. and needs an all around board.
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

The proto crossed my mind but would it be ideal if I mainly want freeriding performance? The catalog seems to but the proto in the same category as the EVO. I'll be fine with a board that performs average or just slightly above in freestyle. I was leaning towards the heritage but am afraid that it might be too similar to my f1. I was also considering the TRS but I have no experience with libtech boards. I'm not the type of person who can distinguish different performance aspect of a board unless its night and day such as RC vs regular cambered. That and that I have never compared two remotely similar boards side by side. I just right now know the type of riding I want to do and am hoping that someone can help me find a board to fit that.
Dankul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Try a Flow Drifter, Arbor Coda, or Burton Sherlock if you trust ICS.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote