Rome anthem size + binding question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Rome anthem size + binding question

Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I have been reading a lot on this forum lately. What a great forum! I hope you don't mind me opening with a couple of questions?

Firstly I have ordered a 2011 Rome Anthem 159 and I just have this nagging voice in my head on size - I would appreciate any practical experience anyone can offer on this. I am 5'10", 70kg (155 pounds) good to advanced rider, mainly free ride - fast carving turns and powder where I can find it, though mostly these days it is between the runs rather than real back country stuff. The 159 is the right size on the size chart, just wondered if I would gain or lose going to the 161or will the 159 be plenty of board for me?

Also looking for the right binding. Rome 360 seem to be universal loved but I am used to old switch step-ins (real relics now). Are the Rome's easy and quick to get in and out of? Can you strap in standing up? I tend to Board a lot with drastic skiers so don't want to hold them up, but don't want to compromise much on bindings.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Mike
Md01 is offline   Reply With Quote