Buying Freestyle Board- 5 cm difference too big? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
1999TL

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Buying Freestyle Board- 5 cm difference too big?

I have a never Summer Titan 160. I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs. At first, the Titan was a little big for me but I got used to it and I love the size now. HOwever, after getting better, I Found that I would like to ride more fakie and do more tricks. The titan is a directional board so I would like to buy a NS SL.

My question is for those who have a free ride board and a free style board: Would going from a 160 titan to a 155 SL board be too much? I know that I would have been better suited for a 158 board in the first place, but now that I'm used to a 160 board and I like it, should I just get a 155 SL board instead? I just know that with a freestyle/park board, you want a smaller board. So is going from a 160 cm to a 155 cm too big of a difference? Or is it fine since the 160 is a litle big and I want a nimble board while doing tricks. Or, should I just get the 158 since it's already a size down, and I will like it since I am used to riding a 160 board?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
FilmerD

Go with around a 56 or 55 for park. That a good general size for everything.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
1999TL

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode