board suggestions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face board suggestions...

Have been reading up on this forum and some other sites and trying to make a decision on which board to get for this upcoming season. I want to buy ASAP to take advantage of the sales they are having on some of last years left over equipment.

So for the boards that have sparked my interest the most are the K2 Raygun 2011 and possibly an Arbor board like Coda, or Element (don't know much about this one).

This will be technically my third season. I am a central-Cali boarder so will be hitting up Badger Pass, China Peak, and occasional Mammoth when I can. This last season I purchased a used 05/06 GNU Altered Genetics 163 Wide with Ride SPI bindings and even though I did learn how to turn and carve frontside/backside and get some decent speed on the slopes I don't think it was the best board choice for me given my experience and was definitely a speed demon in the pow and on icy stuff (I'm 5'11" 170-180 lbs size 10 boot). So I will be selling this board on eBay again this year and buying a new one.

So I'm looking for an all mountain that I can try some light jumps and continue to work on my carving abilities and hopefully become more confident in bombing hills (which is still somewhat intimidating to me right now which is why i learned how to carve better last season), and hitting trails and such.

The Raygun looked appealing because it got mostly good reviews and the price is unbeatable for what you get, but my only concern with that board is the extruded base. I'm not sure what kind mine has being a 05/06' model but i want to make sure I get a board that isn't going to slow me down progress wise (eventually I am going to want to go crazy fast down steeps! Fuuuuuun!). Also price is not a deal breaker. It would be nice to save some dough to spend on a new jacket or something but I'm not opposed to getting a 2012 model board either (which I understand the new transworld Goodwood either has already/or will be coming out very soon).

So yea, fire away. Looking forward to all suggestions! any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks!

Foggdogg

Last edited by Foggdogg; 08-27-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Foggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the Raygun. Extruded wont slow you down enough for you to notice. It's a really good board and will handle pretty much anything.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok. So raygun it is. Now, what size should i get?

157W

These are the sizes that are offered. I'm 5'11" 190 lbs size 10 boot. Looking to lose some weight by next season though so hopefully be around the 170-180 range.
Foggdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

More towards 170 shoot for the 156, 180 and up go for the 159.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote