Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Biggest Jump you would take the blacklist off? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40777-biggest-jump-you-would-take-blacklist.html)

dkzach 08-27-2011 11:37 PM

Biggest Jump you would take the blacklist off?

Biggest Jump you would take the blacklist off?

Nivek 08-28-2011 01:22 AM

The size of the jump I would take is limited by me, not the board in this case. It can handle 120fts if you can.

dkzach 08-28-2011 03:15 AM

Ic

Re frazeing the question is this board stable while charging 70' + jumps
meaning for example the ride crush probably would be getting really squirly chargeing in and takeing off, and landing without total focus id imagine be a train reck. Idk, the question is so i can better understand the flex and feel of the board I have arbor on my mind right now and since im pretty light im contomplateing the black list over the westmark but im unsure

list in order of what from my understanding is from the information Iv learned on the form of good park jump boards
rook
westmark/blacklist?
DH2?
does regular camber even matter for jump boards?

but everything i read almost is you guys praising the blacklist like its god so what are its capabilities and its limitations? just want a really good board...

Qball 08-28-2011 03:52 AM

I would go westmark over the blacklist if I were looking for a dedicated jump board. The flow quantum would be high on my list too. Flow seems to be overlooked a lot but they are making some of the best boards right now.

dkzach 08-28-2011 04:42 AM

I know what you mean flow has crossed my mined, if i could get a 2011 quantum id be super happy but my local shops dont have any in stock and this years(2012) quantum looks kinda bad same with the shifty( having cars on my board isnt really my style) and boards have to have a nice balance between looking awesome and performance. if only i could get a costume graphic... obviously performance comes first but still

BurtonAvenger 08-28-2011 09:38 AM

Watched Cody Boan hit a 120 foot gap jump on it. That answer the question?

Nivek 08-28-2011 12:13 PM

If you're looking for a dedicated jump stick for giant ones, look at the 2012 Signal Omni, Arbor Coda, Westmark, or Relapse, Nitro Team Gullwing, Ride Buckwild, Both Flow's already mentioned, Bataleon Goliath or Jam, or a K2 Happy Hour.

syphabiscuit 08-29-2011 11:41 AM

On a side note, is there a difference between the 11' and 12' Westmark other than graphics??

Ta.

BurtonAvenger 08-29-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syphabiscuit (Post 413363)
On a side note, is there a difference between the 11' and 12' Westmark other than graphics??

Ta.

Yes the 12 has ground up Unicorn horn in it to give it magical gayness.

syphabiscuit 08-29-2011 11:59 AM

Finally! Glad to see they're using mythical creatures at Arbor now...... in real life though... maybe ...?