Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   A question about value... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40819-question-about-value.html)

spamjoshua 08-30-2011 03:03 PM

A question about value...

Hello folks.

I am new here, much more of an established snowboarder than an established forum member, but hoping for some help regarding the value of a board I have.

A couple of seasons ago I bought a Never Summer / Blaho Bros. custom splitboard.

A premier, in a 168. It saw a couple of deep powder days, but somewhere between my bow-legged gait, and the fact that I am leaving the ground more and hitting more chutes, I decided to go smaller.

I am selling it as board plus hardware.

I put it on the bay, but am wondering about your collective thoughts on value?

Its pretty perfect, for someone else.

Cheers,
Joshua

killclimbz 08-30-2011 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
$100, I'll buy it right now...

On a serious side, what split is this? Is it the Summit split?? Or is it one of the custom jobs that the Blaho's were doing before Neversummer brought them in line? If that is the case, what board is it? Also, is it a regular cambered deck or a rocker/camber deck?

It really depends on what you have. I'm thinking you are at around $400 for a regular cambered NS split. For a rocker camber model, you might be able to push $700. $600 almost certainly.

These prices being that the board is in good shape.

spamjoshua 08-30-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killclimbz (Post 413629)
$100, I'll buy it right now...

On a serious side, what split is this? Is it the Summit split?? Or is it one of the custom jobs that the Blaho's were doing before Neversummer brought them in line? If that is the case, what board is it? Also, is it a regular cambered deck or a rocker/camber deck?

It really depends on what you have. I'm thinking you are at around $400 for a regular cambered NS split. For a rocker camber model, you might be able to push $700. $600 almost certainly.

These prices being that the board is in good shape.

Heya,

Its one of the customs, from before it was marketed in-line as you say. It is a Premier, not the Summit, as I wanted more all-mountain versatility.

Its a regular camber.

The voile hardware is included.

Thank you for the insight. It was expensive, but I am a total NS fan boy. :)

ShredLife 08-30-2011 03:42 PM

i wouldn't necessarily go dropping your price that low just because its a reg. camber.... alot of the splitters who would be interested in that board at that size are ignorant dinosaurs who would rather have traditional camber, and you can't get it from NS any more. market it as a classic. i'd also definitely throw that bitch up on splitboard.com for all the dinosaurs to see before you put it on ebay since they're the ones who will most likely be buying it.

spamjoshua 08-30-2011 04:17 PM

I love the term "dinosaur" here. Thanks for that.

I am averaging 115 days a season for the last two years, will get more this year, and have been living under the munchkin chutes at Alpine Meadows for 4 years, but at 40, I think I am one of the dinosaurs.

Thank you for your advice.

And... yes. I am riding the new rocker/camber and love it. F'ing love it.

Cheers.
Joshua

killclimbz 08-30-2011 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lot's of dinosaurs around here...

If your 115 days a season were mostly put on your split, I'd say it's pretty well used. $400 would be a good price for it. If it has less than 100 days on it and is good shape, I'd try $500.

I definitely would not sell it for less, unless you've cracked the rail or have any other significant damage like that.

Shred is spot on about putting it on Splitboard.com. Lot's of splits get sold on that site.

spamjoshua 08-30-2011 04:51 PM

Appreciated. We had 700 plus inches last year, and the split board got used but a few times...

1. Because there was so much pow right off the chairs.
2. Because I left the country in May, instead of exploiting hiking season.
3. It is big enough, I chose to do allot of hiking and not skinning, with a 161 on my back.

It is literally in all but new condition. Not a mark on the base or the edges.

Thanks again folks!

Joshua

jdang307 08-30-2011 06:44 PM

115 days? I'm jealous. If I hit 30 I'd double my previous year.

spamjoshua 08-30-2011 09:16 PM

Its definitely a life-style decision. Obviously other things are sacrificed. I am also late to the sport, and obsessed with getting better.

The last two seasons have been good to me. I missed half of the season before these with injuries.

Ill admit yoga helps. :)

Cheers,
Joshua