Which Snowboard should i buy...??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which Snowboard should i buy...???

Hey guys, this is my first post on here, hope you can give me some advice...

I'm looking at getting either a

Lib Tech-T.Rice, Jamie Lynn or Attack Banana.

Bataleon-The Jam

GNU-Riders Choice

Am thinking last season (2011) for all of these to save a bit of money...

I'm an Intermediate rider, 5,11'' 143pounds, size 11(US) boot. I have a 160 Ogasaka board at the moment, its pretty stiff and directional, awesome for charging down the hill but want something that still charges but is also good for freestyle/park/butters etc...Any pro's, con's advice would be greatly appreciated as i cant afford to demo all of these boards..!

Thanks.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would totally suggest a Bataleon Goliath. Its softer than the Jam, but being camber I think you'll still find it to be enough board for when you want to go fast. That way when you want to play around you're on a little bit softer of a board. If you are worried though TBT is inherently playful in the tips so the jam will be more doable than others similar in flex.

Another you might look at is the Signal Omni. Camber between the feet keeps it stable and rocker outide keeps it fun. Also the Omni was the first board with this, Signal introduced it to the industry. So theirs is dialed and in my experience the only camrock that really works right. You may not be able to find a 2011 but the 2012 should only be like $400-$420. So not far off some of the sale prices for the others you're looking at.

Hell, at you're weight maybe look at the 154 Signal Park Flat for this year. Under $400, triax glass top and bottom with carbon in the bottom. I'm you're weight and that board in that size for me would be a killer all mountain freestyle stick. I will personally be on the 152, possibly with a little tweak to soften it up a smidge, as my do everything board.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 08-31-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your feedback, i don't really know much about Signal boards but will check them out. Still kinda leaning towards The Jam...Anyone else ridden the boards i listed? Be good to get some feedback from people who have used them for a season or for awhile at least...Thanks again Nivek
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote