New Never Summer LTD Board - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman View Post
Thanks man. Out of curiosity which base do you like best?
Hah that's actually pretty tough, they both go so well with the board. If I had to pick I'd go with the blue because it's a little more low key than the red, which suits the rest of the board. For better or worse, the sizes available are far too big so I'll never have to make that choice myself. Both look great though, keep up all the good work guys.
fcpchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
The Chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop View Post
Hah that's actually pretty tough, they both go so well with the board. If I had to pick I'd go with the blue because it's a little more low key than the red, which suits the rest of the board. For better or worse, the sizes available are far too big so I'll never have to make that choice myself. Both look great though, keep up all the good work guys.
I like the blue too. We did 60% of them blue just for the reason you stated, so that sounds like it was the right call.

The Heritage is such a great board and I would love to expand the sizes. However it probably isn't likely since we already make a board that is very similar(SL) in 151 and 153. But I'll pitch your suggestion on making some smaller sizes. Thanks.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
How does a white topsheet stack up against the dirt and grime that accompany riding?
I have the Proto with the white carbonium topsheet and it's still pretty clean. It has some dirty spots, but that's mainly because I only cleaned it at the end of the season for storage.

I just wiped it with some orange cleaner and most of the grime and stuff came off. The smudges leftover are from my bindings.

If you want to keep it clean, just wipe it regularly and you won't have a problem.

I know B.Gilly is more conscious of his boards' cleanliness and his Proto still looks brand new. He's actually the one that told me to clean the top with the orange cleaner that I use on the base as well.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman View Post
I like the blue too. We did 60% of them blue just for the reason you stated, so that sounds like it was the right call.

The Heritage is such a great board and I would love to expand the sizes. However it probably isn't likely since we already make a board that is very similar(SL) in 151 and 153. But I'll pitch your suggestion on making some smaller sizes. Thanks.
Heritage in a 153/154 please

Yes I know that is cutting into SL territory but a lightweight such as myself would love more options

I would have bought a Proto in 150 btw ..
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davidj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 412
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I have the Proto with the white carbonium topsheet and it's still pretty clean. It has some dirty spots, but that's mainly because I only cleaned it at the end of the season for storage.

I just wiped it with some orange cleaner and most of the grime and stuff came off. The smudges leftover are from my bindings.

If you want to keep it clean, just wipe it regularly and you won't have a problem.

I know B.Gilly is more conscious of his boards' cleanliness and his Proto still looks brand new. He's actually the one that told me to clean the top with the orange cleaner that I use on the base as well.
Thanks Leo . Binding smudges are not an issue, can't help those. Its just the rest of the board's look...
__________________
You won the rat race, you say? What does that make you... first rat?
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman View Post
I like the blue too. We did 60% of them blue just for the reason you stated, so that sounds like it was the right call.

The Heritage is such a great board and I would love to expand the sizes. However it probably isn't likely since we already make a board that is very similar(SL) in 151 and 153. But I'll pitch your suggestion on making some smaller sizes. Thanks.
Yea I completely understand you guys can only make boards in sizes enough people will be willing to buy. But If I had one wish, it would be to have the proto ct in like 149. It would be a dream come true.
fcpchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Milo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,954
Default

I like the blue because it would reflect well off the snow, but I LOVE being able to see the guts thru the red....

If there was a way to make the blue more transparent, phewwwwwww

It's kinda opposite of the awesomeness that Arbos does with their topsheets.
__________________
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. Thatís my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Chef Jer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I like the blue because it would reflect well off the snow, but I LOVE being able to see the guts thru the red....

If there was a way to make the blue more transparent, phewwwwwww

It's kinda opposite of the awesomeness that Arbos does with their topsheets.
I really prefer subdued graphics on boards. I love the subtle topsheet that is most visible... however I love the transparent red base that doesn't get seen as much. Wow, the more I talk about this board the more I get excited to ride it
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
The Chairman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 260
Default

Thanks for all the suggestions, we really value this input.
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Default

Man that's a tight ride. Really diggin how plain it is yet flashy.
itsneversummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums