Need suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need suggestions

Hey guys, to start off my old account, uh oh a virus, got messed up. My password kept changing and stuff and I couldn't get on at all for months, so I just said screw it and made a new account.

Anyway, I am getting a new board this season! I had the Nitro Swindle 2011 with Union Contact bindings and Ride Orion boots last season. It was good, but the bindings literally broke every time I went out, the board chipped really easily, and my boots ripped sooo bad and I have duct tape all over them. I only ride park and am in need of a full setup change this season.(I am just going to group all my questions in this thread)

For starters, the board. I am looking for something that is very durable and great on rails/boxes, jumps, and butters. The Swindle was a tad too flexy in the center and not enough anywhere else. When I do a boardslide, my nose and tail were touching the ground, and when I press, the board was alright. Got off the ground, but not alot. I am looking for something that when I boardslide the center wont bend alot if at all. However it still has to be flexable enough for presses, and will alow me to spin on rails easily. I'm not sure what camber that would be though, and that is my biggest concern. If I get a wrong camber board I am screwed. I heard that reverse camber is probably what I want - Great for butters and spinning on rails. I actually saw in a video a guy just put all of his weight in the center and spun like a top while still going downhill.

Next is the bindings. I have been looking at the Flux RK30's 2012 and they seem great. I heard some good things about them, but I am asking you guys. Are they good? I want an all park binding, one that is durable and comfortable. I heard good things, but I am still unsure. I don't want a repeat of last season!

Finally, the boots. I plan to wear tan pants and a black jacket this season, so I would probably want red boots. Any recommendations for durable yet comfortable boots?

Thanks so much guys! I worked really hard in and out of school to get this, so I want it perfect! (My parents bribe me to get good grades and such with snowboarding gear )

Height: 5'5
Weight: 140
Shoe size: 10
Board size last season : 142cm
Area: East Coast(Ice Coast)

Last edited by uh oh a virus 2; 09-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.
uh oh a virus 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

First, what do you mean by chipped? If you mean the Goldberg around the she that is just goint to happen when you ride the park. My Nitro is one of the more durable boards ive owned. You're folding your board to the snow on boardsllides cause your board is way too small. I weigh what you do and my dedicated park board is a 150. Also if you can't press your way too small board, learn to press. It should be simple on that small of a board.

I would check out a Signal Park Flat or Rocker light in a 150. Flat will ride similar to your Nitro but with more snap and stability. The Rocker light while still jumpable will be awesome on jibs and playful on the mountain. Both have a faster sintered base. Mine from last year, that I bought at a demo, is still looking great and haven't had to fix anything on it yet. And I'm a job kid.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

For boots check out this years Thirty Two Lashed in red. The best performing, and most comfortable park boot I have ever ridden.
604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
First, what do you mean by chipped? If you mean the Goldberg around the she that is just goint to happen when you ride the park. My Nitro is one of the more durable boards ive owned. You're folding your board to the snow on boardsllides cause your board is way too small. I weigh what you do and my dedicated park board is a 150. Also if you can't press your way too small board, learn to press. It should be simple on that small of a board.

I would check out a Signal Park Flat or Rocker light in a 150. Flat will ride similar to your Nitro but with more snap and stability. The Rocker light while still jumpable will be awesome on jibs and playful on the mountain. Both have a faster sintered base. Mine from last year, that I bought at a demo, is still looking great and haven't had to fix anything on it yet. And I'm a job kid.
Chipped as in the edges have deep gashes, and parts are broken off. And your supposed to have a smaller board, especially for park. My board WAS the perfect size. I grew alot since then so I guess a 150 will be best for me now. And I know how to press, I just have a wider stance so I guess that makes it harder? LOL doubt it but it still feels extra weird to press. I pressed on my friends salomon and it felt waaaay easier and better.
uh oh a virus 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

Ditto on what Nivek said. Even a 147 would mmake a huge difference. I'm right around Nivek's weight and 150/51 seems to be the magic number for terrain park freestyle, although going shorter for a jib specific deck is also ok.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh oh a virus 2 View Post
Chipped as in the edges have deep gashes, and parts are broken off. And your supposed to have a smaller board, especially for park. My board WAS the perfect size. I grew alot since then so I guess a 150 will be best for me now. And I know how to press, I just have a wider stance so I guess that makes it harder? LOL doubt it but it still feels extra weird to press. I pressed on my friends salomon and it felt waaaay easier and better.
By parts broken off do you mean that some of the metal edge is not longer there? If so, take care of you shtik. And if its just from riding no board is going to help you with that, you are just going to thrash boards and need a new one every year. And if a 142 was perfect you must have gained about 40lbs in the last year.

Wide stances dont help anything. at 5'5 don't ride wider than 23.5" unless you have ridiculously long legs. Too wide and you lose leverage and mobility.

What Salomon was it you hopped on?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote