DEEP Pow Board (venture) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default DEEP Pow Board (venture)

Hey Guys so I am going to Monashee for 4 days around christmas and I hear it Dumps there around that time. I have been looking at a split board for awhile and the Venture Storm split looks pretty good. I am 5'4" without shoes 110lbs and a size 9 shoe. Do you recommend a 152? I know it might be alittle long but I think I could manage what do you think?
skitttles4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't be looking for a dedicated deep pow board for a 4 day trip. There's a good chance you won't experience a truly deep day in that short of a time period.

Get a size that you'd want to use on a regular basis.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, 152, sure, if they make that, it will ride/feel a bit longer with their rocker design. They have different widths for every size. With all that nose, you can do a more normal width for your shoe size/weight.

you are really light, so you can get away with a lot with pow boards. The storm has taper too, so even more tail sinkage. Depends on your ridding style for preference.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry for the confusion on that, I am going to use this for when where I board gets alot of powder. The Trip was just another reason to get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I wouldn't be looking for a dedicated deep pow board for a 4 day trip. There's a good chance you won't experience a truly deep day in that short of a time period.

Get a size that you'd want to use on a regular basis.
skitttles4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

If you really want a dedicated board for DEEP days I would see if you can still find a Euphoria R. I have one and that is the most unsinkable board I have ever ridden. It blows my solid Smokin Pinner right out of the running. I will often rock my split instead of my solid pow board even for resort powder days.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It always makes me laugh when I see people just doing chair lift laps with their split. I don't know why it is humorous to me but it is.
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
It always makes me laugh when I see people just doing chair lift laps with their split. I don't know why it is humorous to me but it is.
If your split likes the DEEP better than your solid board I say why not use it. Also what if you feel like adventuring side country a little bit. It sure is nice to be able to go off and then skin your way back to the chair lift.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitttles4life View Post
Hey Guys so I am going to Monashee for 4 days around christmas and I hear it Dumps there around that time. I have been looking at a split board for awhile and the Venture Storm split looks pretty good. I am 5'4" without shoes 110lbs and a size 9 shoe. Do you recommend a 152? I know it might be alittle long but I think I could manage what do you think?
Sooo are you terminally little or ru still growing?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea I am talking about the guy who just laps the chair left and just rocking his split. I shared a lift with a guy who said riding his split in bounds makes him looker cooler. I was like ummm alright whatever dude. I am all for taking my split to the resort if I am using it for a slackcountry mission. If I am just lapping chairs or can boot pack where I am going I take my solid with me.
snowvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowvols View Post
Yeah, kind of funny, but a split would still be very useful for inbounds hiking on deep days. I don't mind hiking well established boot packs inbounds most days, but on a deep day, say hiking The Ridge at Love land heading lift right? Yeah, a split would definitely come in handy. There's some lines way back there that only see a few tracks even on a busy pow day.