Need new board-Ride Concept TMS or comparable? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Need new board-Ride Concept TMS or comparable?

I think its time for me to move on from the beginner Ride Impact I have currently and upgrade to something more on my skill level. I've been boarding for ~8 years, but would consider myself intermediate/advanced. I am 90% freeride/10% freestyle, with my time in the park spent almost exclusively on the jumps, no rails and occasionally a box/tabletop. Based on this I've decided that I want a Ride Concept TMS, which is essentially the old timeless line IIRC. Does anyone have any input on this board, or are there any boards that are similar in both price and use? I would like a medium flex board with a sintered based designed primarily for freeriding. They will be paired with either my ride spi's or rome targa's if I end up purchasing them. TIA
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Try Rides, board finder on their website.
If I recall the timeless was a pretty stiff board, I have a decade now and it is a 6 on their stiffness scale, the timeless was above that (I think a 9)
In otherwords do a little research on their site.
Jeffksf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

I have the last year of timeless before they went to the timeless concept. I love my timeless, but I have heard a lot that the concept is a totally different machine.

Just to be clear, I have a park specific board, I only use the timeless when I need to cut through the heavy clumpy snow that would toss a softer board around
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffksf View Post
Try Rides, board finder on their website.
If I recall the timeless was a pretty stiff board, I have a decade now and it is a 6 on their stiffness scale, the timeless was above that (I think a 9)
In otherwords do a little research on their site.
I've been through the ride website a number of times, and out of the ATV collection, only the Decade has more flex to it, but the TMS has better board technology which is why I chose that one. I would have to move up to a freestyle deck to get something with comparable tech and more flex. Does anyone use a freestyle board for mainly all mountain/freeride advanced riding?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
I've been through the ride website a number of times, and out of the ATV collection, only the Decade has more flex to it, but the TMS has better board technology which is why I chose that one. I would have to move up to a freestyle deck to get something with comparable tech and more flex. Does anyone use a freestyle board for mainly all mountain/freeride advanced riding?
it reall depends on the conditions. if the snow is at all thick and choppy any freestyle board is gonna get tossed around. but freestyle board generally invokes rails and thats why they will be soft. you can get a stiffer board for kickers that you can ride all mountain with maybe check out one of the rome all mountain boards...