Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Flow Drifter (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40904-flow-drifter.html)

Qball 09-03-2011 01:20 AM

Flow Drifter

Anybody been on the Flow Drifter. Looks like a nice board with all kinds of crazy carbon and basalt stuff inside at a good price, but how does it ride? Looking for a good all mountain board to ride pow in the morning and take a few park laps with in the afternoon.

Nivek 09-03-2011 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its the Infinite I-Rock from 2011 with a new name. I liked it. One of the guys I worked with then rode the Drifter at SIA and really liked it too. Flow does not make a bad board, period.

Donutz 09-03-2011 10:49 AM

Strangely I've almost never seen Flow boards mentioned on this forum. Not for good, not for bad.

Qball 09-03-2011 03:21 PM

I remember seeing someone saying they really liked their Quantum and I see Nivek recommend flow all of the time. Also I think MPD has a flow merc if im not mistaken.

Nivek 09-03-2011 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donutz (Post 414646)
Strangely I've almost never seen Flow boards mentioned on this forum. Not for good, not for bad.

Yeah I tend to recommend them a lot. They're cheaper, loaded with tech, and I haven't ridden one that didn't ride well. And I don't know anyone else that though they didn't ride well. It's a small lineup, but the most solid on the market for sure. I'm really looking forward to my Shifty.

Deluxe954 09-03-2011 04:14 PM

I bought a Flow verve last season. Really solid and I really like it. Great in the park and it does fine with everything else. My friend has an Era and he really likes his too. Flow make great boards :thumbsup:

slyder 09-03-2011 06:07 PM

Anyone know if "Angry Snowboarder" reviewed any of the Flow boards??? I'm to lazy to look at his site .....

The Flow rep was pushing the Era, hard, on me the other week when I ran into him. I also thought the Era was a mid-wide, which I prefer. I didn't think their graphics were all that hot, as I know that is not the important part but it does play into the decision making for most of us a bit.

Qball 09-03-2011 06:25 PM

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Flow Verve Used and Reviewed

Nivek 09-03-2011 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think its technically a midwide. But it definitely is wider than average for normal width boards.

As far as the rep pushing the Era.... Whats your riding style?

And yeah the graphics are iffy, they have there place in the market though

slyder 09-03-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 414700)
As far as the rep pushing the Era.... Whats your riding style?

I'm just a 43 year old dad that tries to keep up with his teenage kids and this will be the start of my 3rd season on a board :laugh:

Park, jumps and groomers. Midwest snow and manmade ice, heavily trafficked hills. I'm trying to improve my park, which is mostly boxes but I am very slowly learning rails, 5050'ing but will be trying boardslides this year. Jumping mostly smaller park jumps and wanting to do 3's.

Been considering the Blacklist & Evo, now maybe something from Flow. All depends on my budget. Currently riding a banana with Flow NXT ATSE's if you needed to know. My 1st RC board and I do like it a lot but I didn't think it was that soft, IS probably my lack of skill but I wanted a softer and shorter board. Not sure why but seems most people ride a little shorter board for park and spinning.

Hope this info helped.....