Custom Flying V vs Joystick - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Default Custom Flying V vs Joystick

Burton Custom Flying V vs Burton Joystick

I have not tried no one, from these two, however generally we heard a lot for both of these! Anyone has ride/know one or both of them and has some time, it would be great to write few word for his experience, and if these are boards for helping you being improved or demands an expert rider .

->Also a small RATE from 0-5 (3.5 etc or >,<,= ) for fun discussion!

Lightweiht:
Jumps:
Jib:
Butter:
Piste:
Pow:
Park:
Ice:

Hit it

Last edited by snoWorm; 09-05-2011 at 04:49 PM.
snoWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Default

Well for one they have different profiles. The Custom flying V means Camber/Rocker hybrid and the joystick is pure rocker. I haven't riden the joystick but I bought a flying V last year and I'm selling it. It was great on days with somewhat fresh snow and easy on you while riding switch, but it was squirrelly while bombing and had a shit hold on hardpack and ice (and a rocker is going to also be those things but more). It was a fun board to ride when the conditions were right but in the long run didn't suit my riding style (aggressive dick).
__________________
'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22

Last edited by Dano; 09-05-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Well for one they have different profiles. The Custom flying V means Camber/Rocker hybrid and the joystick is pure rocker. I haven't riden the joystick but I bought a flying V last year and I'm selling it. It was great on days with somewhat fresh snow and easy on you while riding switch, but it was squirrelly while bombing and had a shit hold on hardpack and ice (and a rocker is going to also be those things but more). It was a fun board to ride when the conditions were right but in the long run didn't suit my riding style (aggressive dick).
How about jumps? Buttering switching and fun? Rate rate .... will be super!

Waiting ..... for others too !
snoWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,326
Default

Is there a reason we are limited to these two?

Of those... Neither? I didn't like either. I did like the Easy Livin Flyin V when I rode it, it was a tad softer than the Joystick and rockered like the Custom you're looking at. Fun to jump, fun to jib. It was easy to ride right away.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,709
Default

Joystick> Custom
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Is there a reason we are limited to these two?

Of those... Neither? I didn't like either. I did like the Easy Livin Flyin V when I rode it, it was a tad softer than the Joystick and rockered like the Custom you're looking at. Fun to jump, fun to jib. It was easy to ride right away.
No reason, a simple example cause of waist width. the hot question is about HYBRID ROCKER & ROCKER???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Joystick> Custom
Many people I spoke to, always says that Custom Flying V is better all-mountain board than Joystick!!
snoWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Default

The Sherlock is a better all- mountain board than the Custom and it's still got the rocker camber to it.

The custom flying V was good on jumps for me but I think it had a lot to do with the Co2 bindings I was running. Which is why I can't rate it on butters, bindings were way too stiff.
__________________
'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22

Last edited by Dano; 09-06-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Default

I'd also look at the lib tech TRS, skate banana, or the NS SL for a good all- mountain hybrid deck
__________________
'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
WasatchMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,029
Default

skate banana really?
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
The Sherlock is a better all- mountain board than the Custom and it's still got the rocker camber to it.

The custom flying V was good on jumps for me but I think it had a lot to do with the Co2 bindings I was running. Which is why I can't rate it on butters, bindings were way too stiff.
I don't ever remember not being able to butter cause my bindings were too stiff...
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums