the vapor or am i kidding myself? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default the vapor or am i kidding myself?

so this is a 2 parter. i got the board at a very good discount so lets not discuss price or whether it's worth the gobs of cash you'd have to find to buy it at msrp.

1. given that i like riding everywhere and spend little time on rails or boxes, and my experience of more than 10+ years riding, is the vapor a good board for that?

2. i had to get a wide given that i'm 200 lbs and they only offer a 162 wide. problem is my feet are size 10 boots. is this going to be a problem if i have minimal overhang. my stance is fairly normal with about 15 degrees on the leading foot and -5 or so on the trailing foot. the waist width (which I know isn't the end all be all) is 259 mm so it's roughly mid-wide.

Thanks for your opinions.

Last edited by jimmycd; 09-07-2011 at 09:25 AM.
jimmycd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

The TRice is at 25.8 and it's pretty much good for anyone unless you have chick feet. At size 25.9, and size 10, that sounds about perfect to me.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go for it, I am very happy with mine. It's a bit unforgiving but if you've been riding a while, you'll be fine, it's a fast, precise board. I find I catch an edge or two when I ride it if I have been on my other board for a few days - that board is a reverse cambered board.

Can't see the width being an issue; I am 185 and ride a 159. I was thinking of going up to 162W for more stability, have to do some demos to see what the turning difference is.

Cheers,

Lamps
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

The board sounds about right for you. very good all mountain boards, specially if you spend little time in the park. the response on it while carving and steeps is good.
Hc2dabone is offline   Reply With Quote