Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Skate banana or burton blunt? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/41002-skate-banana-burton-blunt.html)

jonnymc29 09-08-2011 08:16 PM

Skate banana or burton blunt?

Hey guys im new this forum!
I have been looking around for a new board for this season and these 2 are the ones i have been looking at! Im going to be doing alot in the park. Im from canada and im not too familiar with any shops from canada carrying good park boards. So i wanna hear your guys thoughts on between the BLUNT or Skate banana? or your own suggestions:D (im 6'1 175lbs)

Nivek 09-08-2011 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well if I can make suggestions...

Arbor Blasklist is one of the greatest boards ever. The Signal Park Flat is possibly one of the best deals. As is the Flow Verve. And in my opinion those are all better than both you're original options

Right around a 154-155 for a park size.

WasatchMan 09-08-2011 09:47 PM

heard lots of negative reviews on the blunt. skate banana is a really fun board

jonnymc29 09-08-2011 10:01 PM

yeah the last burton i had was garbage! im looking at anythings that good in the park! any suggestions would be nice! perferbly if i could get it from canada and not get raped in fees! i like the banana!

slyder 09-08-2011 10:33 PM

I'm not happy with the way my 13yr old's blunt held up and it was only ridden for 1/2 a season do to season ending injury.

pibimbap 09-09-2011 12:14 AM

It might've changed, but my blunt '08 had some topsheet problems... and I've heard others have had board-splitting problems as well.

But the skate banana is a solid board - rocker + mtraction will have you learning new tricks like nobody's business.

legends6spd 09-09-2011 09:41 AM

please do not buy a blunt. i hate that board.
pick up a 156 SB and you'll be one happy canadian

Nolefan2011 09-09-2011 11:12 AM

How does the Blunt ride? Isn't it supposed to be pretty fun?

ABagofButter 09-09-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 (Post 415788)
How does the Blunt ride? Isn't it supposed to be pretty fun?

nothing special about the blunt. the edges of the topsheet on mine are destroyed. but if this is your first board, don't get the banana, try to get a cambered board because it teaches you to snowboard better than a reverse camber. only get a RC board after you can ride a cambered. if I were you, I would get a Bataleon board. they have this thing called triple base technology which I a cambered board, but its kinda like rockered from edge to edge. I don't know if you get what I'm saying. This explains it TRIPLE BASE TECHNOLOGY complete video - YouTube

jdang307 09-09-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABagofButter (Post 415870)
nothing special about the blunt. the edges of the topsheet on mine are destroyed. but if this is your first board, don't get the banana, try to get a cambered board because it teaches you to snowboard better than a reverse camber. only get a RC board after you can ride a cambered. if I were you, I would get a Bataleon board. they have this thing called triple base technology which I a cambered board, but its kinda like rockered from edge to edge. I don't know if you get what I'm saying. This explains it TRIPLE BASE TECHNOLOGY complete video - YouTube

I don't know. If you're trying to tell him to learn on something hard then don't give him the bataleon as that takes away the teaching moment (hard takedowns from catching an edge ;)

Plus with rocker and hybrid here to stay. he could probably ride reverse or hybrids for the rest of his life.