Never Summer Advice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Advice

This is my second season riding but was out a lot and learned quickly, rode a rental morrow last season. Riding mostly in Vermont and on east coast but have a trip to Denver in December. Narrowed it down to two Never summer boards not sure which would be best for east coast riding. Mainly looking for an all mountain board to go fast and hit jumps. advice would be appreciated .

Never Summer SL -- SL | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories

Never Summer Premier F1 - Premier F1 | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories
cenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenzo View Post
This is my second season riding but was out a lot and learned quickly, rode a rental morrow last season. Riding mostly in Vermont and on east coast but have a trip to Denver in December. Narrowed it down to two Never summer boards not sure which would be best for east coast riding. Mainly looking for an all mountain board to go fast and hit jumps. advice would be appreciated .

Never Summer SL -- SL | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories

Never Summer Premier F1 - Premier F1 | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories
As a beginner and mainly east coast rider, I highly suggest the SL over the F1. The premier is a stiff board that is best for freeriding POW out west. The SL is a great all mountain board you can take anywhere. Also feel free to add a few more Mervin boards to your choices for slightly better MTX edge hold.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've been riding NS boards for several years, most recently a NS SL for the last 3. I have an older NS Premier (prior to the T1 designations and R&C technology).

NS SL - I love this board. It has been my go anywhere, do anything board for the last 3 years. I've mostly ridden it in the midwest where snow conditions can be anything from natural snow to man made, ice to granual, and almost anything else you can imagine. I've also taken this board out west a few years in a row to Breckenridge where I've gotten into real powder, trees, and of course groomers from green to double-black. I've also done a small amount of jumps and park with this board. It is stiff enough to really go fast and carve up a run and still hit boxes and rails in the park.

NS Premier (Non-T1, Non R&C) - As I mentioned, my only experience with the Premier is an older model I rode for a few years. I believe it is a 168 or maybe 174 so it is a big, long, stiff ROCKET on the snow. Definitely incredibly stable at speed and a carving beast. I've never done jumps with mine, the length is really not something you want to take airborne. To me, this board was all about going fast and being able to crush anything in my path. I also love this board but at the size and for the flex profile, for me it is really just a niche board and not an all-mountain freestyle. With a newer version of the Premier and in a shorter size this probably would not apply.

Either way, a NS board is a great choice!

MeanJoe
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Gah, sorry about the mix-up of F1 with T1. I must have been thinking about my K4 T1 boots.
MeanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

First Never Summer board I rode was a premier and I took it down the Ridge at Jay Peak. Felt right at home on it instantly. Great board for charging steep technical terrain. It would be a decent jump board as well if you dont go crazy long with it. Lots of pop and pretty stiff but it still turns on a dime.
My do everything board is a SL. It really does do anything. Ive done everything on mine and I rarely get the desire to take any of my other boards out on the snow anymore. Either way you will be just fine I think.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanJoe View Post
Gah, sorry about the mix-up of F1 with T1. I must have been thinking about my K4 T1 boots.
K4 T1 boots? Must be an older model. Mine are K6.

On a serious note, with ice being a major factor, some of the other companies with edge tech should be looked at too. Mervin was said. Smokin uses Magne, some of the Rossi boards, and Arbor with Griptech.

That said, the SL was awesome. Very very good board. Damp, stable smooth ride. And soft enough to freestyle with if you're good enough
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote