New board!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default New board!!

Whats going on guys/girls...Im getting a new board this winter and I would like to get a board that will help me evolve as a rider.I live in PA,so keep that in consideration.I will be using in the park as well a everywhere else.Im fairly new to snowboarding however Im learning at a decent rate coming from skating.Ive noticed that when I use my board I have now(cambered) that I can bomb pretty much any hill at our local mountain and feel very confident in doing so.But when I used a friends Lib Tech Skate Banana I would get alot of chatter especially on icy days.My question is what is a good park board that I can still kill hills with..Some goals I have this season are to master riding switch(to a point obviously!) and to improve my jumping and jib game.Im not to up with the latest tech but are the boards with both?And if so,would they be what Im looking for?Thanks in advanced and feel free to ask me any questions that would help you answer my question.

5'8
145 lbs
size 9.5 shoes
7Springs Mountain Resort PA
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll IrOn CiTy ll View Post
Whats going on guys/girls...Im getting a new board this winter and I would like to get a board that will help me evolve as a rider.I live in PA,so keep that in consideration.I will be using in the park as well a everywhere else.Im fairly new to snowboarding however Im learning at a decent rate coming from skating.Ive noticed that when I use my board I have now(cambered) that I can bomb pretty much any hill at our local mountain and feel very confident in doing so.But when I used a friends Lib Tech Skate Banana I would get alot of chatter especially on icy days.My question is what is a good park board that I can still kill hills with..Some goals I have this season are to master riding switch(to a point obviously!) and to improve my jumping and jib game.Im not to up with the latest tech but are the boards with both?And if so,would they be what Im looking for?Thanks in advanced and feel free to ask me any questions that would help you answer my question.

5'8
145 lbs
size 9.5 shoes
7Springs Mountain Resort PA
Stoked to hear that you are ripping it up in PA.

You will get a lot of great suggestions here and there are many solid boards out there that will work well for you.

We sell boards, so I am very biased but here are 3 that I love that won't break the bank:

Gnu Carbon Credit 153 - Amazing for what you want to be doing, Good Wood Winner, Magne Traction

Nitro Sub Zero 152 - Sold as a Street / Rail board, but WAY more versatile than that. Gullwing Rocker comined with a slightly convex/bowed base underfoot (Drifter Base). SICK TECH!

Flow ERA 152- Carbon Rocker dream board. Ultra fun for all mountain freestyle.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

what is PA?
Vexous2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexous2213 View Post
what is PA?
Pennsylvania
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jer View Post
Pennsylvania
oh ok thank you ^_^
Vexous2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Signal Park Flat, Bataleon Whatever, Arbor Blacklist/Westmark, or a Flow Verve. Some of my top 2012 picks.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

cant go wrong with an Atomic hatchet. everyone thinks its a beginner board but its much more versatile than led on to be.
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thank you for all the suggestions..I checked alot of those boards out as well as some others..My main thing is I dont want to sacrifice stability at high speeds.I was actually surprised at how many"GOOD" park boards are cambered.I figured the way to go would be a rocker,but I doubt there would be so many cambered boards if rocker gives you that big of a advantage that cambered can not.Would learning how to butter be more difficult on a cambered?(Im sure its a rider by rider basis)Also what would be a good board for my size(5'8 145)?Sorry for all the stupid questions.
ll IrOn CiTy ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for all the suggestions..I checked alot of those boards out as well as some others..My main thing is I dont want to sacrifice stability at high speeds.I was actually surprised at how many"GOOD" park boards are cambered.I figured the way to go would be a rocker,but I doubt there would be so many cambered boards if rocker gives you that big of a advantage that cambered can not.Would learning how to butter be more difficult on a cambered?(Im sure its a rider by rider basis)Also what would be a good board for my size(5'8 145)?Sorry for all the stupid questions.
Go for a camber board. It will help to learn the feeling of butters.

Look in the 152-156 Range for a solid large jump, and size down around 148-152 if you want a more jib/rail specific board.
P.Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
In response to your Q about buttering, boards that are really dialed for blazing speeds and board that are really dialed for press/butter are different beasts. Watch an old Terje video and you will come to realize that you can definately butter unreal on a cambered board, but many of the rocker variations do make this ultra-easy. Board design is all about compromises and no board is truly perfect at everything. From what I am hearing, you really want to focus on a straight up the middle freestyle board. Magnetraction helps on hardpack and for holding more speed with confidence on a rockered board. From a very differnt approach, triple base loosens up the cambered feel for a nice middle ground.
Wiredsport is online now   Reply With Quote