Getting a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Getting new Women's board, looking for input.

Hey all.

before i start here are my personal specs:
female
5'3
128lb
regular stance
size 9 women's shoe
intermediate-advanced rider

I am getting a new board this season and I want something that will excel in the park but will still give me that stability when I take it elsewhere. I am looking at the GNU 2012 B-Street and the GNU 2012 Park Pickle, as well as the Burton 2012 Blender. What are your thoughts? I'm totally open to any other board suggestions and input on the ones I've already mentioned. I usually ride a 145 cm.

Also, I am not a quiver person, so when I say I need a board that can do two things great, I really do need it :P.

Last edited by Emur00; 09-12-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Emur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

the b-pro would also be a good choice, as it has c2 which is their camber/rocker hybrid..camber in the tips and banana b/t the feet...they consider it a "do all" board...

also the roxy ollie pop is similar to the b pro with c2, or NS pandora or infinity...also look at the roxy eminence
threej21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
the b-pro would also be a good choice, as it has c2 which is their camber/rocker hybrid..camber in the tips and banana b/t the feet...they consider it a "do all" board...

also the roxy ollie pop is similar to the b pro with c2, or NS pandora or infinity...also look at the roxy eminence
I've been trying to avoid the B-pro and roxy eminence mainly because of the prices. I'm willing to pay 400 something but 500+ breaks my bank a little.

Out of the 3 I mentioned, which would be the best combo of a park and all-mountain? I've read reviews for each and they all recieve similar comments. The Carbon rods in the blender seem like they would be excellent for that extra pop which you wouldn't normally see in a softer board. All B-street reviews have either raved or at least given the stamp of approval, except one review that said the all-mountain label was undeserved and said it was too soft for all-mountain riding, which was confusing since they rated the burton blender as a great board for both the park and some all-mountain riding and typically the blender is said to be softer.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

btw, am looking at the NS Infinity right now. Definitely going on the list of contenders.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

well, being a guy that hasnt ridden any of them, its hard to say whats best for you...maybe lilfoot will chime in as she seems to know all the ins and outs of girl boards...

however, that in mind, of your three, id prolly say the pickle since its a little stiffer and you want good all mountain qualities...but would rather re suggest the ollie pop since it has c2 which i think really helps its all mountain abilities while still being a park shredder

the b street concerns me as although it says it has all mountain capabilities, its also considered their #1 jib stick for girls, so it might not handle the mountain all that great...doable, probably...hell, i rode a kink all over last year and it managed...it was loose, and chattery at speed or over rough stuff, but i still enjoyed it..but would in no way consider it a good all mountain and park board...its a park board, that is rideable all mountain...

if that makes any sense
Old 09-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

I see what your saying there with the B-street. The infinity is looking better and better to be honest the more i research this year and last year's model, the more I am liking it. Do you know if NS made any significant changes to the Infinity from the 2011 to 2012 model? I watched some review videos from last year and it looks like just what I want assuming it has the same flex and main specs as last year. Of course upgraded wood or anything like that is just a plus, really just looking to see if how it will ride is going to be changed.

Also, how well do you think the infinity and C2 will press and butter? I know they won't be as soft as a full jib board but i don't want it to be too much of a struggle.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

just a heads up, the infinity is prolly more on the all mountain side of an all mountain/park deck...it is the equivalent of the mens SL...and my understanding is this...if your an all mountain rider that likes to go into the park every now and then, the SL is good...however, if you consider yourself more of a freestyle/park rider, that also wants to be able to ride all mountain, youd go with an EVO, and NS doesnt have a girls board that they directly compare to the evo, that i know of...

also, another option that i just thought of is the gnu b nice series which ive read good things as an do all type board...

as far as pressing, will it be a little more difficult than on a complete jib stick noodle...of course, but once you learn presses, youll be fine pressing any of the boards your looking at

i would say, figure out where you want your board to excell more...park or all mountain. once you figure that out, narrow your selection down accordingly

and most of all, id maybe wait to see if some girls chime in with hands on experience with these boards to help steer you in the right direction....maybe edit title of thread to reflect your a girl looking for girls help...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
just a heads up, the infinity is prolly more on the all mountain side of an all mountain/park deck...it is the equivalent of the mens SL...and my understanding is this...if your an all mountain rider that likes to go into the park every now and then, the SL is good...however, if you consider yourself more of a freestyle/park rider, that also wants to be able to ride all mountain, youd go with an EVO, and NS doesnt have a girls board that they directly compare to the evo, that i know of...

also, another option that i just thought of is the gnu b nice series which ive read good things as an do all type board...

as far as pressing, will it be a little more difficult than on a complete jib stick noodle...of course, but once you learn presses, youll be fine pressing any of the boards your looking at

i would say, figure out where you want your board to excell more...park or all mountain. once you figure that out, narrow your selection down accordingly

and most of all, id maybe wait to see if some girls chime in with hands on experience with these boards to help steer you in the right direction....maybe edit title of thread to reflect your a girl looking for girls help...
Alright thanks. For anyone who chimes in, I would like the board to excel more in the park, but with good all-mountain capabilities. Guess I need to do a bit more looking. is the B-pro the same way as the infinity? All-mountain first with secondary park capabilities? Or is it more comparable to the Evo? I suppose the Ollie-pop would be more comparable to the evo.

Last edited by Emur00; 09-12-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emur00 View Post
Alright thanks. For anyone who chimes in, I would like the board to excel more in the park, but with good all-mountain capabilities. Guess I need to do a bit more looking. is the B-pro the same way as the infinity? All-mountain first with secondary park capabilities? Or is it more comparable to the Evo? I suppose the Ollie-pop would be more comparable to the evo.
B-Pro is a bit stiffer than the infinity. Why not try a Ollie Pop since it is the most playful C2? B-Street would definitely be a fun board. You can't go wrong with any of the choices.
Mervin MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervin MTX View Post
B-Pro is a bit stiffer than the infinity. Why not try a Ollie Pop since it is the most playful C2? B-Street would definitely be a fun board. You can't go wrong with any of the choices.
awesome. I'll totally make sure i give the olli-pop full consideration. I'm in the process of comparing the olli-pop to the NS pandora. so far seems like a dead tie.