Do I pull the trigger? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Do I pull the trigger?

Alright guys, I am going to buy my board this week. I am getting a 2012 154 Bataleon ET. I am 175 lbs, 5'11'' and ride everything on the mountain, from freeriding the groomers, to pow to the park. I am so nervous to make the decision to buy this board that I cannot help but second guess myself because last year I foolishly bought a board that did not fit my riding ability.

Now, I am 95% positive that this is the right board for me. Since about March of this year I have been reading and reading about boards on here and the right setup for me. I know that many of you may respond by saying,"if you are not sure use the search button." Believe me, I have, but someone can only read so much.

I am asking you guys to let me know if this is the right decision and if anyone has any other boards that I should maybe research more and consider buying instead of the ET. I know that ultimately, I can only make that decision, but I would appreciate your guys' feedback as well.

Thanks.
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

What board did you get last year? Finding an all around board is pretty much impossible. Maybe you can give us a sort of preference you like? Say as in which type of boarding you like. If you want to go for all mountain, you may want a little longer board. If you want to go more park, 154 is fine.
snowboardboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardboi View Post
What board did you get last year? Finding an all around board is pretty much impossible. Maybe you can give us a sort of preference you like? Say as in which type of boarding you like. If you want to go for all mountain, you may want a little longer board. If you want to go more park, 154 is fine.
I bought a 156 Burton Guru. I was influenced more by my ignorant friends to buy a Burton. There is nothing wrong with that board, but it is too stiff for park.

I am going to get more into park this year more that freeride or back country.
losib3257 is offline   Reply With Quote