K2 Slayblade??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 33
Default K2 Slayblade???

Iím looking into getting a K2 Slayblade 166w. Does anyone have experience with a wide Slayblade? Iím about 6í 220-230 pounds and wear an 11 boot. Iíve been on a 163 K2 Titan the last several years and it's time for an upgrade. I do the majority of my ridding in the East but I do make it out West for a few days every once in awhile so I need something that will perform well on groomers and icy conditions as well as powder. I donít ride much in the park anymore, maybe a jump or a rail once in awhile but not often. Any advice on a wide Slayblade?

Last edited by snwbrddreams; 09-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
snwbrddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 103
Default

Looking to get rid of your titan? What size and how much use?

Jon
LightninSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Minnesota Summer--Utah Winter
Posts: 967
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Haven't ridden the slayblade myself but it's supposed to be nice, pretty sure it won the triple crown of snowboard awards it's first year out(Good Wood, Platinum pick bla bla bla)

search the web I'm sure there's lots of reviews out there

Here's a good one here The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive K2 Slayblade with Formulas my take
__________________
makingfreshtracks.blogspot.com
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninSVT View Post
Looking to get rid of your titan? What size and how much use?

Jon
It’s 163cm, I’ve long forgotten the rest of the measurements. I was thinking about selling it and putting the money towards my new equipment but I haven’t decided if I’ll get rid of it or keep it. It’s a few years old, 2005/06 model I think. I live in Ohio so it hasn’t spent a lot of time on the slopes for a 6 year old board. I’d guess about 15-20 days a season plus a 4-5 weeks out west over the last 6 years, so added up its really one had about a season or two. It’s in pretty good shape since my geography and job keep me off the slopes more than I’d like. It does have a few minor nicks and scratches in the base but all and all it’s in good shape. Right now it’s got a set of Burton Cartel bindings mounted on it. I may or may not keep these too. I’m getting some K2 Formulas on the Slayblade but if I don’t like them as much as the customs I might switch them out.

Last edited by snwbrddreams; 10-19-2011 at 01:37 PM.
snwbrddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Haven't ridden the slayblade myself but it's supposed to be nice, pretty sure it won the triple crown of snowboard awards it's first year out(Good Wood, Platinum pick bla bla bla)

search the web I'm sure there's lots of reviews out there

Here's a good one here The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive K2 Slayblade with Formulas my take
Iíve heard good things about the board and it was ~50% off since its last yearís model so I went ahead and got it (along with K2 Formula bindings). Now I just need new boots (which is what I was originally looking for before I saw the slayblade ). I tighten and loosen my boots a lot. I like them tight while ridding but loosen them up while in lift lines and on the lifts, otherwise my feet would be killing me in a tight boot all day. Any suggestions on a good boot for around 200 or less? I currently have a K2 (cantí remember the make off the top of my head) with a single Boa and have liked them so Iím leaning towards another Boa boot but have also though about a boot with speed lacing.
snwbrddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Shawnee, PA
Posts: 322
Default

I rode my buddies for a full day and it is a really fun board. When they say that it ride like a happy medium between camber and rocker it is true. I enjoyed it so much I am looking to purchase a flat board this season.
woodhomie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
dreampow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kyoto Japan
Posts: 1,207
Default

My two cents. I don't think you need a 166W. I have size 11 boots and if you have shrinkage tech boots you can ride a regular board. Better response, they have a 164.
Even if you go wide 163 should be enough at your weight. It will still float well and be much more fun than a 166W IMO.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 92
Default

I rode the first generation Blade and that was fast!.. Super light!
Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DE
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrddreams View Post
Itís 163cm, Iíve long forgotten the rest of the measurements. I was thinking about selling it and putting the money towards my new equipment but I havenít decided if Iíll get rid of it or keep it. Itís a few years old, 2005/06 model I think. I live in Ohio so it hasnít spent a lot of time on the slopes for a 6 year old board. Iíd guess about 15-20 days a season plus a 4-5 weeks out west over the last 6 years, so added up its really one had about a season or two. Itís in pretty good shape since my geography and job keep me off the slopes more than Iíd like. It does have a few minor nicks and scratches in the base but all and all itís in good shape. Right now itís got a set of Burton Cartel bindings mounted on it. I may or may not keep these too. Iím getting some K2 Formulas on the Slayblade but if I donít like them as much as the customs I might switch them out.
Is it this model? K2 Titan Wide Snowboard - 2007 BCS from Dogfunk.com
I use to own a 163 Titan until it was stolen last year. As far as the Slayblade, I was considering purchasing one after riding the Titan for the past 4-5 years. I read a few reviews that stated anyone coming off of a Titan or Zeppelin Wide would be disappointed.

I decided to purchase a Rocker/Camber Never Summer Legacy and was not very satisfied. It felt very pivoty in the center while riding fast and straight and felt unstable at high speeds unless you were constantly on edge. It was definitely more playful and had more flex, but I'm not sure I like the feel.

I'm trying to get a traditional camber board again but don't wanna shell out $$$ for a burton custom x. Maybe an Arbor Roundhouse would ride similar to the Titan? I may look at the Slayblade again but I'm not really feelin the graphics.


Jon
LightninSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninSVT View Post
Is it this model? K2 Titan Wide Snowboard - 2007 BCS from Dogfunk.com
I use to own a 163 Titan until it was stolen last year. As far as the Slayblade, I was considering purchasing one after riding the Titan for the past 4-5 years. I read a few reviews that stated anyone coming off of a Titan or Zeppelin Wide would be disappointed.

I decided to purchase a Rocker/Camber Never Summer Legacy and was not very satisfied. It felt very pivoty in the center while riding fast and straight and felt unstable at high speeds unless you were constantly on edge. It was definitely more playful and had more flex, but I'm not sure I like the feel.

I'm trying to get a traditional camber board again but don't wanna shell out $$$ for a burton custom x. Maybe an Arbor Roundhouse would ride similar to the Titan? I may look at the Slayblade again but I'm not really feelin the graphics.


Jon

No, same make but an earlier model year, 2005 or 2006.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg K2_Titan-163.jpg (47.6 KB, 94 views)
snwbrddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums