headphones on the slopes - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
siberianmist

Default headphones on the slopes

whats everyone using? the ones that come with ipods suck and fall out of my ears, i have a pair of sonys that wrap around the ear but they are uncomfortable and the sound quality sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i just use the ones that came with my ipod. not the most comfortable but they get the job done.

apparently skull candy is the new hot shit on the mountain but i dont buy into that crap.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mason

if you like earbuds like i do koss makes a great pair that you squeeze, put into your ear and they stay in. heres a picture of them. i think you can buy them at any wal-mart

http://www.onheadphones.com/images/c...PARKPLUG_1.jpg
Old 02-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Snowblower

I haven't yet used them on the mountains (because I'm still not comfortable enough with boarding to even bother listening to music), but a good, cheap replacement for the standard iPod phones (which cost almost 50 bucks to replace!) are the JVC gummies. 15 dollars, and nearly as good sound quality as the Apple brand.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

2nd on the gummies, but they still fall out of my ears when I'm riding. Burton, Volcom and a few others make headphone beanies with built in headphones so you don't have to have a little piece of plastic wedged into your ear.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gustov

i have some sony earbud headphones, i think they're called Fontopia, that i got for $40 and they sound amazing. they're comfortable and stay in my ear and have nice bass. they're actually comparable to the $180 Shure headphones that i have.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How well do the helmets with headphones work? that's got to be a pretty good alternative to ipod headphones...just plug the ipod into the helmet. I guess if you already have a helmet you like, or don't were one, that could be a problem.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
siberianmist

the headphone beanies are cool my friend has a burton one. but they are all so damn ugly and the fabric is so thick my friend sweats like a wild animal when he wears it
Old 02-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
2nd on the gummies, but they still fall out of my ears when I'm riding. Burton, Volcom and a few others make headphone beanies with built in headphones so you don't have to have a little piece of plastic wedged into your ear.
Doesn't having a helmet with ear pads help keep them in place? Again, I don't know, since I haven't done this yet... just wondering.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mendel

Yeah, Skullcandy is the new "hawtshit". I got a pair of earbuds for bday recently and i love them, they never fall out and altho 30$ for earbuds is on pricy side, I give them a couple thumbs. Let's not start mainstream bashing here =D.

They have different size plastic inserts that go into your ear(comes in package) and a volume switch thingy halfway on the cord, about perfect under my jacket, so you don't gotta take off helmet to hear people. The bass is fucking ridiculous and good quality noise, I'll stop pimping them cause im not getting paid, but they're the best headphones/earbuds i've had.