Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Another Never Summer Question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/41116-another-never-summer-question.html)

syphabiscuit 09-14-2011 10:54 AM

Another Never Summer Question

Sup y'all,

I'm getting an Evo. But I am also going to get another. You can't stop me! I am trying to decide between the Proto and and something stiffer (Heritage, F1, Raptor) (don't worry BA - my brother is taking the 154 off me so I can go longer).

I sort of need to figure out whether I would like the Heritage or the other stiffer boards. I am an all mountain freestyler I guess - don't get all my fun from bombing every run or anything - but am also a POW slag (obviously) and do like to feel a bit more stable when carving (coming from a Skate Banana). I have ridden the Proto (and Evo) and love it - no question, and do feel that it is far enough from the Evo to be able to justify getting both - I just can't figure out whether I would get more from a Heritage and Evo combination say!?!

I rode a Custom X. It was a good stiff board and buttered great and bored the shit out of me overall. Didn't really enjoy riding it. That's my only comparison for stiffer riding.

Do you think that a Snowboarder's heart will only truly lie with either stiffer or flexier boards rather than loving both? I can't work it out.

I think thats the question I need answering

Nice one fuckers ;)

LuckyRVA 09-14-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syphabiscuit (Post 416796)
Do you think that a Snowboarder's heart will only truly lie with either stiffer or flexier boards rather than loving both? I can't work it out.

I think thats the question I need answering

Nice one fuckers ;)

I read this three times and still have no idea what you're trying to ask. :dunno:

Carl Hungus 09-14-2011 05:04 PM

I think he's asking if he'd be better off getting something stiffer than the Proto in addition to his Evo. EG, the Heritage...?

The last bit is confusing but keep in mind he IS English. As an American living in the UK, I still can't understand half of what people say around me, lol.

roremc 09-14-2011 05:39 PM

BA tested the raptor last year and it didnt review well. I have a titan which is the old cambered raptor and I loved it until I had the evo. I ride the evo everywhere and it does the job very very well. Spend the money on a days heli boarding! ;)

syphabiscuit 09-14-2011 06:14 PM

Yeah, I am saying that. And I do like the heli boarding idea.... But am pretty set on another board - unless you can tell me that the Evo will carve CONSIDERABLEY more stable than my SB!

readimag 09-14-2011 06:21 PM

I would say try the SL or Heritage I love my SL for trees and all mtn riding, I also have a park star I use for limited park and more for all mtn freestyle. I could not be happier with my two boards, until I try my friends westmark this winter I am sure.

walove 09-14-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syphabiscuit (Post 416796)
don't get all my fun from bombing every run or anything

get a premier and you will a lot more. different board = different riding style