Never Summer Revolver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Revolver

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and i'd say novice-intermediate at boarding.I've lived off of rentals and nice friends for a little while and am now buying my first board for this HIGHLY anticipated, taking forever season. The Never Summer Evo looks like a great board for what I want to do. Of course because of my size 12 boats the Revolver is the obvious choice. I want to focus on a lot more park this year but will still do some other runs. I'm a little over 6 foot and weigh in at about 165lbs. I know these board ride long and the sizing has me slightly stumped.

Do you guys think the 155 would be a good match?

I appreciate the responses!
GameCocks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi and welcome to this forum. My name is Vince and I work for NS. We really appreciate you considering our brand. The Revolver is one of the more versatile twins on the market. A twin you can carve into the park, do your thing, carve out and hop into trees with powd float of an older directional board. Plus for a freestyle board it has really good dampening for stability.

Size is such a personal perference but you're right you can size down with our RC/Vario tech. Also, our blunted twin shape reduces material for lighter and lower swing weight while increasing effective edge for on snow stability. The 2011/12 155 Revolver has 122 cm of effective edge compared to the 121 on the 156 from last year. This would be a super nimble size for you the throw around in the park yet still have the on snow stability. Since you're wanting to get more into park riding this might be a good freestyle option for you. Having more edge on teh snow with a 158 it will give you more stability on an open groomer, ice, in a long turn. Also the greater surface area helps landing big airs. Just depends on what you want out of the board.

Hope this helps, If you have any other question feel free to contact me vince@neversummer.com
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I really appreciate the response, it does help a lot. I'm liking the company in general. I like what you guys have done with the inverted black and green bottoms as opposed to how it was originally too. Do you know if the boards purchased through the "Buy Now" from the Never Summer site are the revised black bird and green bottom?

Thank you
GameCocks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That sounds like the right size for you. I ride the same size, but an older model. I weigh another 15 lbs than you, but I'm also a couple inches shorter. You won't regret the board if you get it!
SPAZ is offline   Reply With Quote