Need an advice for my new board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If at all possible no, don't. They are not a respected online shop. They were previously Sierrasnowboards who did some very questionable and some just downright borderline illegal things in the industry to make money.


Signals Euro distribution headquarters They also have a shop in Greece and the Ukraine. Not that you could make it to one of them, but they might be able to help you out and ship you one. You're best bet is likely to just contact the Euro center and see what they might be able to do for ya.
i will search that website,thanks.
But still confused about the board, i really the graphics of DC boards specially the PBJ and PLY, i want soo flexy board. But when but get flexier they are getting worse in all mountian.
zinga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinga View Post
i will search that website,thanks.
But still confused about the board, i really the graphics of DC boards specially the PBJ and PLY, i want soo flexy board. But when but get flexier they are getting worse in all mountian.
If you really just want DC I would probably shoot for a Tone. The PBJ is very little more than jib capable, and the Ply just isn't worth it.

The Rocker Light is right around the Tone, maybe a bit softer, but it has carbon stringers running the length of the board giving it more stability and snap. Really playful yet capable enough on the rest of the mountain.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If you really just want DC I would probably shoot for a Tone. The PBJ is very little more than jib capable, and the Ply just isn't worth it.

The Rocker Light is right around the Tone, maybe a bit softer, but it has carbon stringers running the length of the board giving it more stability and snap. Really playful yet capable enough on the rest of the mountain.
This board choosing always been hard for me by the way prices are like this in my country
TONE-304 Euro
PLY-267 Euro

Another thing, why i want DC ply is because i really like Torstein Horgmo, and he generally use PLY also when he did triple backflip in x games.
Winter X Games 15 - Torstein Horgmo Triple - YouTube
zinga is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinga View Post
This board choosing always been hard for me by the way prices are like this in my country
TONE-304 Euro
PLY-267 Euro

Another thing, why i want DC ply is because i really like Torstein Horgmo, and he generally use PLY also when he did triple backflip in x games.
Winter X Games 15 - Torstein Horgmo Triple - YouTube
Little secret. A company will put the riders pro graphic on whatever board he wants at the time. They do that so you think he's riding the board they want to sell to you as his pro model graphic. For x-games and his triple cork he was probably on an MLF with his Ply graphic.

Also, a pro level rider could ride a door and be better than the rest of us. Don't buy cause someone rides it. If that's what we all did then those of us now riding rocker would still be on positive camber.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Little secret. A company will put the riders pro graphic on whatever board he wants at the time. They do that so you think he's riding the board they want to sell to you as his pro model graphic. For x-games and his triple cork he was probably on an MLF with his Ply graphic.

Also, a pro level rider could ride a door and be better than the rest of us. Don't buy cause someone rides it. If that's what we all did then those of us now riding rocker would still be on positive camber.
So now i have 3-4 options for board, so what should i get for bindings, my friend is using Union Contact Pro, and he said i should get it and all reviews are good for it, what do you think?
zinga is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinga View Post
So now i have 3-4 options for board, so what should i get for bindings, my friend is using Union Contact Pro, and he said i should get it and all reviews are good for it, what do you think?
Its a decent binding, but I like others more. Check out Flux TT30's, Flow M9's, Raiden Zero's, or K2 Uprise

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Member
 
damanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What exactly did they do...? I have bought many things from them and use the forum but never heard about anything bad..

Just curious...
damanb is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Member
 
damanb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If at all possible no, don't. They are not a respected online shop. They were previously Sierrasnowboards who did some very questionable and some just downright borderline illegal things in the industry to make money.


Signals Euro distribution headquarters They also have a shop in Greece and the Ukraine. Not that you could make it to one of them, but they might be able to help you out and ship you one. You're best bet is likely to just contact the Euro center and see what they might be able to do for ya.
forgot to quote my last post... What's up with trusnow??
damanb is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
This is a lot of went down. Click the articles and have a read.

The Angry Snowboarder Search Results sierra snowboards

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nivek, do you know anything about Bataleon Airobic, or Capita Hoororscope??
zinga is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome