2nd season board advise - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2nd season board advise

I'm going into my second season. i pretty much stayed on the trails last season except for a couple trips into the park. i like to carve and go fast but i really want to get more comfortable in the park, learn how to jump, grind and jib. u guys got any suggestions for a good board to learn park but still enjoy the trails? I'm going to stay in the northeast region. I'm 5'7 165-170lbs. i was looking into ride machete and the 2011 lib tech travis rice. after some research i decided the lib tech was too all mountain for. i hear really good things about magnatraction for the crappy snow we get in the northeast. any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.
ecksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I thought the Ride Machete was designed much more for going fast and carving, not so much suited for park at all - correct me if i'm wrong. A mates got one and he says it's incredible when you're riding well but it's not very forgiving.
blondieyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

i first looked into the machete because of all the reviews and awards it won but after discovering other boards and realizing what my goals are this season I'm interested in ur guys opinions and suggestions
Old 09-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned!

never summer SL or proto ct.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksman View Post
I'm going into my second season. i pretty much stayed on the trails last season except for a couple trips into the park. i like to carve and go fast but i really want to get more comfortable in the park, learn how to jump, grind and jib. u guys got any suggestions for a good board to learn park but still enjoy the trails? I'm going to stay in the northeast region. I'm 5'7 165-170lbs. i was looking into ride machete and the 2011 lib tech travis rice. after some research i decided the lib tech was too all mountain for. i hear really good things about magnatraction for the crappy snow we get in the northeast. any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.
Hi Ecksman,

Please post up your foot size and we will all get you some suggestions. It is not possible to get a solid board suggestion without a foot size.

Thanks!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

i knew i forgot something. i wear i size 9.5 boot
Old 09-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksman View Post
i knew i forgot something. i wear i size 9.5 boot
I would highly suggest a Gnu Park Pickle 156. Very strong in the NE or anywhere riders want to rip park, jibs, slope freestyle on hardpack and ice and still have a loose feel.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

whats with the hijacking of the name!

one ecks per snowboarding forum
ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would not get the travis rice for your situation because that's not a park board at all it's more all mountain/pow/kickers, not the greatest for jibs. The ride machete would be fine for what you're looking into it's pretty good on the mountain and is pretty good for the park but I agree with wired sport the park pickle would be a good pick for you as well as the lib tech skate banana because they're loose for the park but also are fine for the mountain, they both have magnetraction which is good for t he east's icy conditions as well
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

i ended up finding a deal on a left over 2011 gnu carbon credit for $319 at a local shop by and i had to jump on it. i can't wait to take for it's first ride. the snow can't come soon enough for me