Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   proto ct (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/41210-proto-ct.html)

optical 09-19-2011 04:16 AM

proto ct

well im looking into getting back into boarding this year and am pretty dead set on the proto ct and am thinking 152 should fit me best but i was wondering what you guys have to say. I weigh 130-135 pounds and am 5'7" in height i wear a size 11 boot and am going to look at getting into the park after i get my feet wet again but Would also like to be able to cruise on the mountain as well

jdang307 09-19-2011 01:52 PM

At 145 i found a 151 SL to be a little stiff for me to learn on (others have no problem pressing, I did because,well, I've never pressed before). I could get the tip barely off the snow but not a whole lot. The Proto and SL have similar flex.

I went with an EVO which others have said have zero problem riding the rest of the mountain except the bigger features and bombing real fast.

optical 09-19-2011 02:43 PM

Im not exactly new i just havent gone in the last 4-5 years, I have 4-5 years experience and am just getting back into it. Come to think of it i went 2-3 times 2 years ago and its was just like hoping on a bike. The reason i want the proto over the evo is a buddy of mine has the evo and well i like to be different even though thousands have the proto no one i know has it.

Unowned 09-19-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 417818)
At 145 i found a 151 SL to be a little stiff for me to learn on (others have no problem pressing, I did because,well, I've never pressed before). I could get the tip barely off the snow but not a whole lot. The Proto and SL have similar flex.

I went with an EVO which others have said have zero problem riding the rest of the mountain except the bigger features and bombing real fast.

i weigh less than that and im on a 151 sl...no issues pressing and im no pro by any means (the first time i pressed was with this board)

CheeseForSteeze 09-20-2011 12:16 AM

I am 145 and if I had gone with the Evo, I would have gone 150 since with the contact points pushed and nose/tail blunted, you can get away with it. The 150 rides longer than the 151 from last season. I had no problem doing whatever with the Evo 151.

jdang307 09-20-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unowned (Post 417941)
i weigh less than that and im on a 151 sl...no issues pressing and im no pro by any means (the first time i pressed was with this board)

I only gave it one shot on my last run of the year so yeah, if I gave it more than 10 minutes I'm sure I would have gotten it. That said I'd rather learn on a softer board I do plan on picking up something more stiff this season

Leo 09-20-2011 07:23 AM

You're using my Evo picture as your Avatar, but you're getting the Proto? LoL.

Anyway, the 152 is the smallest size it comes in. I'd say it's a little big for you. Nothing too bad though. Proto is fairly stiffer than the Evo so just keep that in mind.

If you choose the Evo, go with 150. I take it that you read my reviews since you have that picture so you know everything I have to say already :)

optical 09-20-2011 12:40 PM

lol i googled for that picture actually, I was dead set on the EVO but as said earlier my buddy uses that as his main stick so i would like to be a little different even though his is last years model. I have read your reviews countless times thus far and its such a hard decision. Thanks alot for the input on size that was my biggest worry as im a little inbetween on the height/weight guidelines

optical 09-20-2011 12:57 PM

one other thing i was wondering leo is that you rated the evo as a 4.5/10 on flex and the proto ct a 6/10 for flex if i remember correctly but said that the proto is a fairly stiffer board.

Leo 09-20-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optical (Post 418049)
one other thing i was wondering leo is that you rated the evo as a 4.5/10 on flex and the proto ct a 6/10 for flex if i remember correctly but said that the proto is a fairly stiffer board.

Fairly stiffer in relation to the Evo. Not fairly stiffer in general.