a couple board waxing questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default a couple board waxing questions

so this year i plan on waxing my board myself and not paying a shop to do it, i just have a couple questions.

im in the northeast and conditions fluctuate up here as we all know, what are some good all purpose waxes for up here, or 2 good waxes for covering all conditions? im mostly going to be riding park, alot of jibs, so i dont need a fast or expensive wax (at least i dont think i do) just a durable, affordable wax.

the last thing im wondering is how importaint it is to remove your binding while waxing, ive heard this mentioned a few times but it seems like a pain in the ass and im assuming as long as you dont let the iron sit over the inserts for too long everything should be fine? as far as how often to wax, is it a good idea to wax about every 3rd trip? thanks guys.
garlicbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Any all-temp flouro from Burton, Dakine, Bodaka, etc. work well unless it's super cold out. My Ride bindings, which are aluminum, definitely act like a big heat sink, but it's not worth the effort to remove the bindings to wax IMO. You just need to spend more time in that area and have a little patience, just don't turn the temp up and get the wax smoking. Heating the binding with a hair dryer helps speed things up a bit.

Last edited by Psi-Man; 09-19-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: pathetic spelling
Psi-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just loosen the screws as afar as I can without having the binding fall off board when turned over and that seems to do the trick.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hertel Super Hot Sauce is a good all weather wax. i usually do a hot scrape then put a cold weather wax down first then one or two layers of super hot sauce. Works for me, unless its gonna be really cold and overcast, then i put just cold on. I never loosen my bindings as i really dont care if it makes dimples (never has). Im not a pro alpine downhill boarder so i dont have to have a perfectly flat base.

There are cheaper waxes than Hertel but i got mine for half price so its what i use. i bought 3 bricks
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I use bluebird all temp soy wax never had any problem with it also use libtec banana all temp. I use what is on sale and it works well for me all year.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

I use Swix Blue all temp low fluoro and Hertel Super Hot Sauce. The key to keep in mind with "all temp" waxes is that they aren't all temp, they are just wider temp range. Hertel is pretty good broad performance for most temps. Luckily, we aren't alpine racers so we don't have to do all the fine base tuning and waxing detailing that they do.

Use a low fluoro type wax. The extra money isn't worth the speed. You're better off just waxing more with a "slower" wax to get more performance out of your base, especially if it's sintered.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
You're better off just waxing more with a "slower" wax to get more performance out of your base, especially if it's sintered.
can u elaborate pls?
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote