Need a new wide board recommendation. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need a new wide board recommendation.

I have owned many wide boards over the last 15 years of riding. I loved my 3 Fat Bob's back in the day and I did't so much like my Burton Canyon. I currently have a 2006 Never Summer Titan TX, which I think is pretty nice. I am looking at getting a new board. There are just so dang many out there. I would prefer not to spend $550 on a board, but maybe try to get last years model somehow at a couple hundred bucks off, but if I have to, I will pay the money. Is there a great comparison of all wide boards for like 2010, 2011 or 2012 out there? Or any good recommendations from people who have ridden lots of wide boards such as myself?

EDIT::: Thanks schmitty34, DUH, too early in the morning.

I ride -15/15 and am a good all mountain boarder and ride switch better than a lot of people regular, so I like the duck-foot stance (Besides, it gives me less chance of toe drag). I've been riding since 92. I don't go in the pipe, but I am known to hit some jumps and jibs here and there. I am 33yo now and while I know I can make it down nearly the steepest double black chutes, I choose not to go down them. I don't enjoy huge moguls and slow boarding. Steep as hell but pow-pow or just not moguls and I'm there. Fast as hell too, so I want to hold my edge as speed. I've typically bought 161-163cm boards. I am 200lbs 6'2" size 12 or 13 boots (depending on the mfgr) so wide is good. I HATE toe-drag. For years before I got my first wide board it was always something that I was scared of, and it took me a few years after going wide to rid myself of that thinking.

Last edited by Agro; 09-20-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Agro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

like you said, there are a lot of wide boards that are used for a lot of different things.

To really help we'd need to know what type of riding you do most and what you are looking for. Are you looking for reverse camber/hybrid camber? do you like the idea of extra edge hold?

Also, how wide are we talking? Do you have a huge feet and need a 270mm waist? Or does something in the low 260s work.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

2011 LIB TECH SKUNK APE 161 C2 BTX 161CM BRAND NEW | eBay
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote