binding setup dilema - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

With my ride bindings and any board I have (other than my Burton) I can move my bindings 2mm forward or back if I need to. If they need to go more than an inch I have to change holes but I believe I get about 1 inch of adjustment nose to tail. If that doesn't make sense I'll try to get a picture, reading back over it almost confuses me lol.
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

sounds like you are using your baseplates sideways. what if you need to adjust your bindings side to side on the board to get them centered.
Mysticfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well maybe I'm special but my boots sit centered on the board with my bindings like that. If I had bigger boots I could adjust the heel hoops out to compensate. I suppose that if it was a real dilemma and still wouldn't work like that I'd be stuck with only 1" increments and I'd be screwed I've just never had a problem running my baseplates like that and didn't know they were on sideways I do have to mount them to my Burton like that as well. My pair of SP bindings have crazy baseplates that have a honeycomb look to them with about 20 (guessing, didn't count) holes in them so I can mount in all kinds of crazy positions.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

I bought a used board with some of those honey comb baseplates and the guy had put 5 screws into the burton board all in a weird pattern. It was quite the mess when I got it. He had also melted about 5 bars of wax onto it and never scrapped it.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

5 screw huh Those bindings are kind of wierd. Not too bad of a binding but I'll take my rides over em anyday. Now they are my backup/loaner board bindings.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
UFGators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
5 screw huh Those bindings are kind of wierd. Not too bad of a binding but I'll take my rides over em anyday. Now they are my backup/loaner board bindings.
Clearly I cannot change the insert pattern on my board, so should I chose to set the front binding back though it will give me more setback?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
lost in the ugly trees

Thats what I would do.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well if the set back stance is more comfortable and you don't plan on riding switch that would be the way to go. If you want the bindings centered on the board you may have to deal with a less than ideal stance width. I'd just try them both ways even if it's in your living room to see what feels more comfortable and go from there. If you don't like it you can always change it in a few minutes at the mountain.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGators View Post
Clearly I cannot change the insert pattern on my board, so should I chose to set the front binding back though it will give me more setback?
If you don't really ride switch all that often, that would definitely be the route i would go. If you do ride switch often, you would probably prefer the stance that is closer to centered. Either way you can achieve 20" wide, if that's what's most comfortable for you.
scottland is offline   Reply With Quote