2011 vs 2012 Nitro Rook - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposter View Post
Hey!

Looking to purchase the 2012 Rook. I'm 6' and 185lbs, would the 158 be too big for me?

Thanx

Davor
Hey Davor,

What is your foot size?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hey,

my foot size is US 11. The available sizes for the board are 154 and 158. Im thinking of pulling the trigger on 158, my two concerns are the difference in flex and I read somewhere the Rook feels bigger for its size...
imposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Hey!

Looking to purchase the 2012 Rook. I'm 6' and 185lbs, would the 158 be too big for me?

Thanx

Davor
Truth is you would be best off on the 156. I am 185 as well (larger feet though) and have had some great days on that deck. You can easily ride either the 154 or 158, but considering what the Rook is designed for (soft flex, true twin, flat profile) going longer on this one does not make sense.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Truth is you would be best off on the 156. I am 185 as well (larger feet though) and have had some great days on that deck. You can easily ride either the 154 or 158, but considering what the Rook is designed for (soft flex, true twin, flat profile) going longer on this one does not make sense.
I'll probably spend 40% of the time in the park and 60% on everything else, so maybe the 158 wouldnt be so bad. How would the 2011 Gnu Park Pickle compare to the Rook? I can get it for the same price.

thanx for the help!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I'll probably spend 40% of the time in the park and 60% on everything else, so maybe the 158 wouldnt be so bad. How would the 2011 Gnu Park Pickle compare to the Rook? I can get it for the same price.

thanx for the help!
Please give us a little more description of the type of riding you are doing in the 60% of the time that you mentioned.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Please give us a little more description of the type of riding you are doing in the 60% of the time that you mentioned.

Thanks!
Just having fun getting down the mountain on blacks and reds or natural terrain and using the mountain as a playground.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Just having fun getting down the mountain on blacks and reds or natural terrain and using the mountain as a playground.
He wants to know if you are mostly bombing down groomers, shredding powder, or buttering and finding things outside the park to jib and trick on.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
He wants to know if you are mostly bombing down groomers, shredding powder, or buttering and finding things outside the park to jib and trick on.
Okay if I break it down...
Definitely bombing down groomers - 35%, buttering and finding things outside the park to trick on - 20% and shredding powder - 5%...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Okay if I break it down...
Definitely bombing down groomers - 35%, buttering and finding things outside the park to trick on - 20% and shredding powder - 5%...
You can have a lot of fun on the Rook for that kind of play riding. It is a pretty soft true twin so there would be better boards for you for groomers but as a whole the 158 will be an OK balance for what you are describing.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
You can have a lot of fun on the Rook for that kind of play riding. It is a pretty soft true twin so there would be better boards for you for groomers but as a whole the 158 will be an OK balance for what you are describing.
158 it is then.
Thanx for the help!