k2 www 155 or 152? Help me out please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question k2 www 155 or 152? Help me out please

Alright, so I've been snowboarding for about 7 years and in the past 3 I've been getting more aggressively into park than before. I'm 6'1 160 lbs and I normally ride a 158 all mountain freestyle board (Stepchild Corporate) with regular camber. Anyways, last season I've been getting into rails and can now boardslide FS/BS and FS lip. I can spin 3's and 5's off jumps around 15-20 ft and straight air booters (w00t)

Anyways, I recently bought a k2 www at 155 despite hearing all this "jip tip" stuff. So I'm wondering if it would really be worth it to return my 155 and size down to a 152 and how it will affect my riding. I'm keeping my all mountain for big mountain anymore and I guess you could say that I'm experimenting by buying an agressive jib/ park board.

TL;DR I'm 6'1 160 lbs, should I get a 155cm or 152cm k2 www

Thanks for any help folks. <--- See I'm cool.
VanCityShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityShred View Post
Alright, so I've been snowboarding for about 7 years and in the past 3 I've been getting more aggressively into park than before. I'm 6'1 160 lbs and I normally ride a 158 all mountain freestyle board (Stepchild Corporate) with regular camber. Anyways, last season I've been getting into rails and can now boardslide FS/BS and FS lip. I can spin 3's and 5's off jumps around 15-20 ft and straight air booters (w00t)

Anyways, I recently bought a k2 www at 155 despite hearing all this "jip tip" stuff. So I'm wondering if it would really be worth it to return my 155 and size down to a 152 and how it will affect my riding. I'm keeping my all mountain for big mountain anymore and I guess you could say that I'm experimenting by buying an agressive jib/ park board.

TL;DR I'm 6'1 160 lbs, should I get a 155cm or 152cm k2 www

Thanks for any help folks. <--- See I'm cool.
That board would want to be a 52 under you. You do know its relatively useless if you plan on stepping up you jump game from where you're at yes? Cause you're already close to its limit with 5's on 30fts.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Never spun one off a 30 footer, you kinda misread haha. I know it will probably cause me to wash out on jumps but I'm really just getting it for jibbing/ butters/ messing around. I'm still gonna my other board cause nothing beats good old fashioned camber for sticking bigger landings and amazing response. Then again I could invest in another all mountain/ jump board and just go for something a little more playful (Stepchild corporate has directional pop which kinda messes with presses and butters)... How does flatkick handle on jumps?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Never spun one off a 30 footer, you kinda misread haha. I know it will probably cause me to wash out on jumps but I'm really just getting it for jibbing/ butters/ messing around. I'm still gonna my other board cause nothing beats good old fashioned camber for sticking bigger landings and amazing response. Then again I could invest in another all mountain/ jump board and just go for something a little more playful (Stepchild corporate has directional pop which kinda messes with presses and butters)... How does flatkick handle on jumps?
By Flatkick are you referring to CAPiTA?

Also, buy my things?
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yea, I have a friend who rides an Indoor Survival and he seems to have no problem stomping 5's off larger jumps. But yea, I'm looking for something to kinda mess around on with butters & jibs but also handle jumps well. Thanks for responding btw.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Yea, I have a friend who rides an Indoor Survival and he seems to have no problem stomping 5's off larger jumps. But yea, I'm looking for something to kinda mess around on with butters & jibs but also handle jumps well. Thanks for responding btw.
In that price range. Salomon Drift Rocker. I would feel comfortable sending 50fts or nose pressing a kink on that stick. Priced like the WWW, but way more versatile.

Another would be the Signal Park Flat. This is what I'll likely be riding this year. I love zero camber. Less energy than camber to ride but you have your tips right there for you when you want them for quick little pops up onto jib or just a hair more load for jumps. Biax and a carbon stringer, playful but enough oomph to jump.

The Green Machine from CAPiTA reminds me of the way the Drift Rocker rides, but its $150 more than the Drift.

Also, buy my things?

Last edited by Nivek; 09-29-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Alright, sick I'll definitely check those boards out. Thanks for the help! I've been so stoked for the season to start especially since making good progression last year Have a good one.