ride highlife 2011 or 2012 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default ride highlife 2011 or 2012

is there any significant difference between the 2011 and the 2012 ride highlife? i see that the the 2012 is a UL and has stiffer pop rods, i can save $200 on the 2011 . looking for the all mountain that can handle hard chargiong groomers and deep pow, something that is damp, carves very well,stable while flat. and have pop .
have a 162w flying v which i love but want something with more bite. also have a 158w banana magic which i also love but want something a bit longer,faster, so i have considering the ride highlife. im 48 been boarding for over 20 years, height is 6'1, 210 lbs, size 12 boots. in tahoe region. does the highlife have a significant difference in ride character than a custom flying v ? should i look to the 163w or the 168w...before the custom flying v and the banana magic i was very happy with my 167 baron es

Last edited by neveo; 09-30-2011 at 08:44 AM.
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Aside from being a bit stiffer, the new Highlife also has a bit of micro-camber between the bindings (the 2011 Highlife was flat between the bindings). I haven't ridden the new board (I own the 2011 Highlife) but I'd imagine the bit of camber allows the new board to carve a bit better. Not that the 2011 Highlife didn't carve well, but the camber would give it a bit more control. The UL core probably makes it a bit lighter too.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. The 2011 Highlife was pretty stiff, so I'm sure the new board is even more manly. Also, I'd say you'll be damn happy with the 163w.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
Aside from being a bit stiffer, the new Highlife also has a bit of micro-camber between the bindings (the 2011 Highlife was flat between the bindings). I haven't ridden the new board (I own the 2011 Highlife) but I'd imagine the bit of camber allows the new board to carve a bit better. Not that the 2011 Highlife didn't carve well, but the camber would give it a bit more control. The UL core probably makes it a bit lighter too.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. The 2011 Highlife was pretty stiff, so I'm sure the new board is even more manly. Also, I'd say you'll be damn happy with the 163w.

would the highlife be similar to a custom x wide?

reason i was thinking about a 168w would be to serve as a big mountain hard charging through anything board. i like my 162w flying v but it can get squirrley at speed, and doesnt provide the most edge hold on icey snow. i love it after any fresh snow. if the 163 w can handle it better or as good as the 168w then so be it.
neveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I also have the 10-11 Highlife. Its a great board for bombing, absorbing chatter, carving and pow. It doesn't have huge pop but its has some. 163W will be enough. 168W will be a hand full. It floats very well and is very stable so you don't need to go that big.
They say the new board is a little lighter and has more pop, but I think its basically similar in that it likes to carve and bomb fast and loves the pow.
IMO the custom X wide will be great at carving and be more poppy but won't be as good in the pow.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote