great, my snowboard is to small. anyone help? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default great, my snowboard is to small. anyone help?

So, first off. I've been into skiing for about 3 years now, and I tried snowboarding a few times last year and really enjoyed it. so im switching over this year to snowboarding, I got a free board with bindings from my cousin, as he bought a new

2006 Atomic Hatchet 152 and Drake Matrix bindings, I bought a pair of boots today Burton Awols size 11(60% off, last years model =P) and my toes stick past about an inch. I know toe drag is really bad, but is this enough that I need to go out and buy a new board. I looked for used wide boards and they are not super common.

I'm not really sure about changing the angles, or binding positioning, but would that help?

took a couple pictures with my camera, hope somebody can help me out, thank alot!

If those dont work, here is a link to my photbucket

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Thanks again.
Burnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

you can move the bindings back towards your heelside a little bit more and widen your stance degrees maybe 2 degrees on each side but that's about all you can do
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

You maybe able to adjust the healcup in your binding back a bit. You can also turn your binding disc to across the board so you can move the binding side to side in stead of tip to tail. Toe drag is worse than heal drag. Heal drag = fall on butt, Toe drag = fall on face. Also some boots are longer than other boots in the same size. Burton should be on the shorter size than some of the other manufactures but I am not sure who makes the shortest boot to shoe size.
Experiment on the hill. If your toes are catching make micro adjustments until you stop booting out.
vwbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ya your bindings look like you don't have enough room in the heel. See if you can slide your highbacks back a notch to give you more room up front. Also looks like the bindings are mounted to the toe side more, see if you can rotate the disc's to mount the bindings a little more towards your heels.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

usually the heel of boots is turned up a bit more so you can do what the other posters said and move em back.

what size boots might i ask?
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

they are size 11's. and yeah i noticed a gap between my heal and the healback, but thats as straight as the healback will go. Im gonna try everything out at the small local hill when it starts snowing and see if i actually will need a wide board or not.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How much do you weigh?

Thats a small board for a size 11 boot. Still should be OK to get the basics down. You won't be up high on edge until you get decent at carving on a snowboard. Once you have the basics down you will probably want a longer wider board anyway.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I weigh about 150-155. tall and lanky, look a doofus.