Back to square one... Really good jump board and a REALLY FUNNY STORY - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Back to square one... Really good jump board and a REALLY FUNNY STORY

Yeah I went to go buy the nitro rook today and I brought my mom and dad along (Bad Idea), and they noticed that there is a naked woman on the rooks base graphic and freaked out at me so I guess im not getting that board lol it was quite humorous

I was contemplating the Arbor Westmark but its a real pain to find where I live and the only store that carrys arbor doenst carry the westmark and to buy it and have it shipped would cost more than what I think its worth, 120$ more.

Flow boards are out of the question even though I would love to have a quantum but this years graphic is really weak same with the shifty.

I am kind of thinking of getting a Bataleon evil twin 154 but would like some feed back on it.

Iv been watching alot of T rice movies and am brain washed on Lib Tech. So I dont even know where to start with that and I dont want a park pickle

Everyone hates burton and I do too so no burtons because you know...

Maybe a different nitro board that's park but mainly jump specific. maybe at t1 or eero pro ( whats sage riding?)

I am not really digging any of the ride boards, if there is a board worth the price from them tell me

I have been thinking alot about the DC pro ply because of its cool shape but how can one make a board that will ride actualy amazing for 380$ so I would like to know more about that.

I heard that volcom gets signal to make there boards and Iv always dreamed of having one of those...

I also am interested in the yes woman of history board.

FINAL: I want a board thats 600$ and under. I am planing on entering alot of slope style and rail comps this year. I ride jumps Way more than rails and just like spinning. My hills conditions are there is either ice, groomed or slush on occasion I drive to the mountains for some pow. Im 5'8/9 130lbs but Im probably going to gain 15 lbs this season since im growing at an immense rate . I have size 9-9.5 feet so I dont need a wide board. So any suggestions? I ride like 50 times a season as well so if thats a factor?

Please dont just list boards Tell me why that board would fit my style. I hit pretty big jumps and charge really hard but I do want a more playful board you know not super stiff, Something that will improve my ollie power and gain me air time( I know its the rider not the board but you know...). My previous board was a ride dh2 2009 150.

Did I miss anything?
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

since money isnt really an issue i would check out the never summer evo maybe even the proto. the evo is the board i ride and i hit anywhere between 10ft-80ft jumps and love rails. its a very playful board but still has enough pop in it to be good on the bigger jumps.

i havent been on the proto yet myself but its a slightly stiffer version of the evo so may be better for you if you like hitting jumps more.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzach View Post

Iv been watching alot of T rice movies and am brain washed on Lib Tech. So I dont even know where to start with that and I dont want a park pickle
The obvious choice is the t.rice pro model
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never Summer Proto seems right for you
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Volcom's are out of the Signal factory. Even I don't know all the shapes and what their guts are.

From Signal look at the Park. Thinner cored camber park stick with biax and carbon. Enough snap to handle big jumps but will let you learn and jib well.

ET is a good choice, you'll like that. Its a solid all park stick and I personally quite enjoy jumping TBT. It's really comfortable and takeoff and landings.

Mervin is overpriced for park sticks.

T1 might work, but we still don't really know if the 2012 really sits in the lineup where they claim and if it sits there well.

And Since you're a lighter guy, the Fastplant may be a good option. The Bamboo or "organic" snap in it is a little easier to get to than carbon and I personally had a ton of fun on it. You'll end up about my build so yeah.
You can obsolutely make a killer board under $400. Majority of my favorites for 2012 are. The Ply however fell short in the snap department for me. Below average pop.

I have not ridden the 2012 Womens of History. I rode the Dudes for 2011 and it had one of the most specific snap points on a board I've ridden. If you didn't hit it just right, you didn't really get anything.

There's a fair chance you'd like a Ride Buckwild, basically last years DH2.

What from Arbor do they have? Del Rey? It's a really solid jump stick that is still soft enough to jib if you really want to. More suited for jumps but still.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 10-02-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

So I have been thinking a lot and now need to decide upon the evil twin and the Arbor Westmark possibly the k2 fastplant if you can convince me that k2 are actually good boards because Iv always had a pre determined hatred for them since sport check sells it. IDK quality is everything.

TBT I hear that you need to spin off the center instead of an edge? that true? In that case I think I spin off my edge I know there is a HUGE bataleon forum but honestly Im to lazy the go searching in there so can you guys tell me about tbt and how it react.

The arbor westmark I will have to pay a lot more for but it might be worth it

The evil twin was my first choice coming into the season as the board I wanted so maybe Ill give it a try! since its positive camber but with tbt!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
So I have been thinking a lot and now need to decide upon the evil twin and the Arbor Westmark possibly the k2 fastplant if you can convince me that k2 are actually good boards because Iv always had a pre determined hatred for them since sport check sells it. IDK quality is everything.

TBT I hear that you need to spin off the center instead of an edge? that true? In that case I think I spin off my edge I know there is a HUGE bataleon forum but honestly Im to lazy the go searching in there so can you guys tell me about tbt and how it react.

The arbor westmark I will have to pay a lot more for but it might be worth it

The evil twin was my first choice coming into the season as the board I wanted so maybe Ill give it a try! since its positive camber but with tbt!
Take a few runs and play around on TBT and you self adjust for jumps. Don't over think it.

K2 makes a super good board, good quality. Signal sells at Zumiez... doesn't mean their boards aren't bomb.

Also, buy my things?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I have not ridden the 2012 Womens of History. I rode the Dudes for 2011 and it had one of the most specific snap points on a board I've ridden. If you didn't hit it just right, you didn't really get anything.
I noticed it too, and it's definitely gotten better for the Great Women edition. I think they changed up the way they apply the fiberglass or something, maybe its in the core, who knows, but its a bit easier to find the sweet spot. I have to say the one time I rode it this year it was pretty sweet. No complaints, except with drake who's bindings are letting me down big time...
Old 10-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

So I just started to research more about the proto ct. How do NS boards ride that everyone is so hyped about? Is the proto better for me or the would the evo i dont really like noodley boards so Im sceptical of the evo. If I was to pull the trigger on the Proto what binding would match well with it. And I know Iv said this before but will not riding canted foot beds after riding them for like 3 seasons really mess me up?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
So I just started to research more about the proto ct. How do NS boards ride that everyone is so hyped about? Is the proto better for me or the would the evo i dont really like noodley boards so Im sceptical of the evo. If I was to pull the trigger on the Proto what binding would match well with it. And I know Iv said this before but will not riding canted foot beds after riding them for like 3 seasons really mess me up?
Mess you up? No, but there are enough good bindings that you should just stick with it.

If you're getting this with jumps as you're priority Proto over Evo.

For bindings with cant, Look at Ride Rodeo's, Rome 390's, K2 Uprises or Companys, or Burton Restricted Cartel's.

Also, buy my things?